Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

p3D v2.2 Poor Frame Rate. Dropped to 17 from 68 FPS.

What are your cloud shadow settings?  

Hi

My clouds distance is 30.000, but why if I change a time about +1h the fps coming back (clouds and weather theme are the same)

Of course clouds shadow strongly are charged to system.

My used a graphic cards is 99%

Do you have this same situation?Default airport and plane c.a 60fps,changed a weather theme to building storms fps drop to 10, and changed a time c.a 1h and fps coming back to c.a 45-50fps.)

Thanks

R.

Those are REALLY high cloud settings.  I have a pretty high end system, and going from No Could Shadows-10k set's me back from 40 all the way to 10-15 when all my other settings are pretty high.  Most other posts I've read where people are getting good performance are only using 10k.  You just need to work  your sliders, and temper your expectations.

Those are REALLY high cloud settings. 

Thanks for your info.

My comp specs high end too.

So at this moment,using the shadows of clouds not indicated. :) maybe in p3d v2.3.....

Hi Spirit,

First crash was kernel32.dll and the second did not provide the faulting module.

I uninstalled v2.2 completely and re-installed v2.1 and patched up to v2.2 making sure to delete the following 4 folders as recommended by the P3D team:

P3D is working correctly now, on a side note I am not using nVidia Inspector at the moment and will see if there are issues if I use it and report back.

When i have to remove the folders before the 2.2 patch or after?