Sign in to follow this  
pipsara

Version 6.34 has major issues for me

Hi Folks, I have been trying the Version 6.34 after updating from 6.2 which I have used almost daily since it was released. Unfortunately it has been a thoroughly disappointing exercise for me in both FSX and my installation of P3D v2.2.

I know that version 6.2 had some functional shortcomings but at least it worked faultlessly from the start of the flight until the finish.

The new version however has meant that I have yet to complete a flight with it.

Problems in FSX are:

1. Stalls and simply stops giving any instructions about 5 minutes into the flight, if I keep disabling and re-enabling it starts again at the beginning of course. The only fix I have found is to wait until I am under way at the end of my SID and start it on route. This gives it life for a few minutes until it all stops again.

2. Voices are chopped and stutter and responses slow down to a crawl. I am using a selection of Ivona and Cerevoice voices, all of which function perfectly and fluidly in V6.2.

3. With V6.34 running I get stuttering and frame rate loss in FSX which doesn't happen at all with 6.2

The Problems in P3D v 2.2 are the same with the added issue that if I try to use Flight plans in the usual .pln format which I use in FSX and normally in P3D once I try to enable VoxatcX 6.64 it crashes with an error message to the effect that there is a flight plan formatting error, the same plans load in the FSX version with no problem.

I have done uninstalls and clean reinstalls many times with this new version but to no avail, still the problems exist. I have of course carried out all the usual re-indexing, panel loading etc.

I have now reverted back again to version 6.2 and have parked my P3D simulator until these issues are resolved.

Setup in both FSX and P3D v2.2 is:

Navdata Pro Cycle 1309 installed for Level D 767

Ifly 737NGX cockpit builders edition

Active Next weather

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia GeForce 640

I7 processor

16gb Ram

Mike

I find that if Vox stalls and/or voices stutter, it is my understanding that the voices are being served via internet connection and this may happen if the internet connection is experiencing problems or is slow.  Could that be your issue?

Michael

No, not the case. VoxAtc uses the MS speech engine within which voices are installed locally. Also the program is connecting locally to the sim , no networking involved.

Since I made this post Tegwyn West of VoxAtc is on the case and has asked my to do some diagnostics.

Hopefully a solution will be  available in due course.

I mentioned in my original posting that V6.2 is completely smooth and stable, its only the update that has issues for me

Mike

Yes...similar problem for me - "sim paused" message although I'm still flying - don't know what's making it think the system is paused. On one flight it started vectoring me to land at kmsp but then just stopped without indicating problem. I flew way outside of the area on the given heading until it dawned on me that ATC was no longer working. I too have P3D, but didn't install VoxAtc on that. Too many stutters with P3D to use at this point so I also parked that sim for now. My frame rates still pretty good in FSX, so not sure Voxatc causing problems with that. I'm still seeing the occasional fatal error in Voxatc but it continues along without my detecting a missed step and without my having to restart voxatc.

Mike,

I am a new user of VoxATC (v6.34).

My basic question is. Should all users be seeing the same problems you reported or will some pilots be running ok?

I did a short IFR flight KACY-KJFK today to test version 6.34.

FSX Acceleration
Active Sky Next (on workstation PC).
Navigraph cycle 1405 for Level D 767
Win7-64
My Win 7-64 PC specs
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3
Realtek audio
Intel Core i7 2600 3.40GHz / 3.70GHz Quad core, 8 threads.
Win7-64 Home Premium
16GB RAM
Two 1TB hard drives
Viewsonic, 2 monitors
VX2250WM-LED
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Driver 332.21 1-10-2014
DirectX 11

I had no problems with the flight.
Departure, enroute and approach vectors right on.

Never stopped giving instructions.

I did have some voice issues with the default voices ... sounded like echos in the background .. and basically hard for me to understand, accents.
But, they never slowed to a crawl.

I purchased the Mike an Chrystal (AT&T) ... they played great .. no problems there.

I did not do SID/STAR on this test flight.

No loss in frames per second ...

No problem starting a flight and loading a plan or loading a saved flight with a plan (FSX or P3Dv2.2).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I too have returned to VoxATC V6.2 again.  I love the idea behind VoxATC - and outfitted my flight deck with dual headsets so friends can join in flying and talking if they wish to try it out - so, I'm really hoping for continual improvements with this or similar ATC software.

I like the upgrades to V6.3 - better AI traffic integration with my UT2 and that I don't have to reload new flight in FSX to initialize VoxATC.  Hopefully fixes will come for the problems to make it at least as stable as 6.2 so that I can give it another try.

John

I have purchased 6.34, Can anyone supply me with a link to 6.2 so I may use that instead?  Thank you

Paul Dahlen

Try to send a mail to the VoxAtc developper on the Vox site.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have purchased 6.34, Can anyone supply me with a link to 6.2 so I may use that instead?  Thank you

Paul Dahlen

You can download 6.20 from here www.voxatc.net/620/VoxATCInstall.zip

Uninstall your current version of VoxATC before installing the download.

6.20 does not work with P3D V

ZORAN

I'm also having problems with Voxatc 6.34 stalling. It has been fine for the 5-6 flights that I've used it until today where i kept having to disable and enable the program. Its very frustrating. Everything seems OK but then you notice how quiet everything is and there are no contrails and you can't select any options from the menu :-(

WAT1036.png

Which sound output device do you use in voice configuration...the default device or a 2nd one?

As mentioned they are working on the new upgrade and the FO going silent is one of the reasons. Did you see the link a few posts back for version 6.2? That one is stable

ZORAN