Sign in to follow this  
ClarkP

Aircraft being displayed

After installing an aircraft in FSX it was not being displayed as a choise when I select Change to the curent aircraft.  However the aircraft is listed in the Sim Objects/Aircraft folder. I installed the same aircraft in P3D and it is displayed as a choise and all works fine.

Do you have all the things necessary on the aircraft select page like show all MFGRS, Publishers, Variations,

etc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Check to see whether you have a thumbnail picture of your aircraft in your Texture file in the aircraft's folder.

Chris

Thanks for the replys. I do have all the items on the aircraft select page selected( mfgrs,publishers,etc.)and the texture file does have a thumbnail.??

What aircraft and where did you download from?  File name?  The reason I ask is that sometimes a download, especially one that states for FS2004/FSX might alias a panel for a FS2004 aircraft, that chances are you won't have in your FSX Sim.  No panel=no show!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The aircraft was the new Carneado Phenom 100 HD. It is FSX/P3D addon and as I said it shows up in P3D and works fine. It also shows up in the SimObjects file in FSX but is not displayed on the Change Aircraft page therefor not available to fly.

I did not mention that I have downloaded other Carneado aircraft and have not had this problem. There is something that FSX doesn't like in the SimObjects files for this particular aircraft. Contacted Carneado  but they were not much help.

Very strange!  Things to check..Panel folder-make sure it is not just a .cgf file aliasing something you don't have.  Aircraft.cfg- make sure that the texure=the same wording of the texture folder.  If the Texture folder is just labeled Texture, then texture= will be blank. Model=the name of the Model Folder unless that folder is just labeled Model.  You may be due a refund if it won't work!

Charlie Aron