Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Airbus Extended A321

Does anyone know when I'm flying in the Airbus Extended, when there is no weather set other than the default weather, why is it that when introducing any kind of weather from within FSX, not any external weather engines, the aircraft yo-yos up and down the set altitude setting, and even clearing all the weather thereafter makes not the slightest bit of difference as that yo-yo behaviour continues? Is this aircraft only set to work correctly in default weather?

Try turning turbulence off... The aircraft works fine with ASN and AS2012.

DJ

Thanks for that, DJ. Will try that tip.

Edit: Brilliant. Did the job.

Excellent. The AXE is one of my favorite aircraft - just a pleasure to fly.

DJ

Hi DJ. As you have confirmed this is your favourite aircraft, please tell me why is that when I initiate Descent, dial in the altitude I want to descend to, instead of descending immediately, it starts climbing. Only when I cut the throttle from its CL indent, does it begin to descend. Any tips from you appreciated.

And why do I get that stupid Master Caution ding-ding-ding sound when in descent as it see-saws up one minute, down next? This aircraft is taking the pleasure out of getting it out of the hangar.

Right, I've had enough with this plane. At 2000', approach speed set as per FMC/MCDU, flap 1, when all of a sudden it shoots up to 11000 ft and the speed just shoots up with that that alarm going off. I got so hacked off I just shut the thing there and then. Don't think I'll bother with it again. This is not the first time this has happened in descent at approach.

Rick,

I don't know what to tell you except that you dial in the descent limit before you initiate the descent and you don't touch the throttles until you get the retard message about 20 feet off the runway. If you are getting a master caution warning there is something wrong with your configuration or installation. I have never suffered from any of the things you mention. The bus is very different from the boeing and the whole trick in flying it is to understand what happens in the various phases of flight and how the automation changes as you go through them. The tutorial is worthwhile and the co-pilot is very helpful as well. Make sure you have the 1.16 release and the hotfix 19 for it....

DJ

Hi DJ

Many thanks for your help. I did dial-in the ILS capture altitude for EGCC Rwy 5L. Making good progress.Now mind you, because of it going all over the place climbing up and speed going crazy, I dialled in a speed at 210 kts. Then on the final turn in to the approach leg, when I should have remained at 2000ft, all of a sudden it started climbing, picking speed, in short going haywire. I gave up  and uninstalled the whole damn thing. And I have followed the Tutorial but may have slipped my mind as I've not been back to AXE for over 7 months.

Have v1.16 but maybe not the Hotfix 19.

Anyway, I have enough aircraft in my hangar to keep me occupied for now. I may return to it at another later date. Nevertheless, many thanks for your help.

Do you remember checking the flightplan on the MCDU, Rick? Some of the STARs have erroneous altitudes programmed in and the airplane might have simply been following the FP which commanded a climb to 11000.

Also, although I'm sure you know this, the Airbus "programmed - commanded" implementation of the speed and altitude selectors is important to be understood. Pulling the selector (towards the pilot) activates 'manual' control (commanded -by the pilot) whilst pushing the selector in returns control to the computers (programmed). Everything about the automation in the Bus is tied together very intricately and follows programmed logic pathways that do not appreciate random inputs. In computerese: GIGO (garbage in garbage out). 

If you know all this and are familiar with the Airbus then it could be something to do with your controls spiking or something screwed up during the install. In any case it's worth trying to figure out what's wrong because until FSL releases it's own Bus implementation Aerosoft's AXE is about the best we've ever had.

I have never had any real issues with the AXE and as DJ has said it is a very different control philosophy compared to boeings. Once understood the Bus is a pleasure to operate. 

Hope you sort it out!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Right, I've had enough with this plane. At 2000', approach speed set as per FMC/MCDU, flap 1, when all of a sudden it shoots up to 11000 ft and the speed just shoots up with that that alarm going off. I got so hacked off I just shut the thing there and then. Don't think I'll bother with it again. This is not the first time this has happened in descent at approach.

had the same issue last night on a 4hr flight for my VA............35mins before the flight ended, my axe decided to go from 6000ft back to 17000ft......###### me off :mad:

had the same issue last night on a 4hr flight for my VA............35mins before the flight ended, my axe decided to go from 6000ft back to 17000ft......###### me off :mad:

You would have better luck asking on the Aerosoft Support forum/Aerosoft Ticket System.

Hi DJ. As you have confirmed this is your favourite aircraft, please tell me why is that when I initiate Descent, dial in the altitude I want to descend to, instead of descending immediately, it starts climbing. Only when I cut the throttle from its CL indent, does it begin to descend. Any tips from you appreciated.

And why do I get that stupid Master Caution ding-ding-ding sound when in descent as it see-saws up one minute, down next? This aircraft is taking the pleasure out of getting it out of the hangar.

Sounds like overspeed to me.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Sounds like overspeed to me.

What, even when I've dialled-in the MCDU recommended speed?

@Tony K. Thanks for your encouragement, but for now, as I want a chance to use other aircraft that I've bought and are just sitting idly by, I'll give AXE a total bypass.

What, even when I've dialled-in the MCDU recommended speed?

TOGA LK/ALPHA FLOOR overwrites every other speed setting.

Rick,

I would strongly advice and encourage you to go to the Aerosoft Support Forums. MANY have their questions answered. A screenshot with your topic posted there will quickly help determine its a bug or a user error.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png