Hello all,

I've been considering adding a second monitor for FSX for quite some time and I've found a load of information that I'm having trouble sifting through to figure out the ideal way to actually do this.

I've got a late-2012 27" iMac running FSX via Windows 7 on Bootcamp. 3.2 Ghz i5-3470 with NVIDIA GTX675MX w/ 4 GB RAM.

I’m trying to achieve a surround-style setup with screens to the left (and/or) right of the iMac.

How exactly would I hook up a 2nd (or 3rd) monitor with my two open Thunderbolt ports?

What monitors do you recommend?

What hardware or software to do I need to make this work?

Does Windows on Bootcamp require anything different from Windows as the sole OS?

Any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.

Best and thanks,

Jon

Well the best monitors to use for this would be the Apple Thunderbolt Displays. The great thing about those is that they would work on both sides of the operating system whether your in OS X or Windows.

There should not be any additional software that you would need to install to make this work. The Thunderbolt displays come with the cables needed to hook up to your iMac.

The one drawback is that I believe you would only be able to use the extra monitor(s) as exactly that, extra space. Meaning you would still run FSX on one screen and be able to drag other windows or programs to the other monitor. Being that your using the internal GPU on the iMac you wouldn't be able to configure NVIDIA Surround to have a true bezel corrected wrap-around gaming. This doesn't mean you can't wrap-around the FSX window. You could drag it across all the screens no problem however it may not line up properly across them all. If you can live with it so can I. :D

I hope this is helpful for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?