Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

What is the best functional add on for the G-1000 suite out there?

Sim Friends ... I am looking for the best functioning Garmin G-1000 suite available in an airplane or stand alone.   Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Wow, thanks, Bert.  I'm a CFI-I getting ready to get back in the saddle after many years of a layoff.  I quit before glass cockpits.  I am just now purchasing a new Haswell computer.  Last time I ran FSX I was using the current E6700 which is an absolute antique, now.  You saved me some time here.  The $249 doesn't scare me because its an educational investment in what I want to do in real airplanes.  Thanks again ... this software really excites me.  :rolleyes:

Good!

If you like to fly some FSX airplanes with G1000s in the panel, Flight1 offers both the Cessna Mustang and the Cessna C182T, equipped with very good G1000 implementations.

Bert

Thanks again, Bert. I will definitely check out the 182. Loooking for as close to a complete implementation as available.

Good!

If you like to fly some FSX airplanes with G1000s in the panel, Flight1 offers both the Cessna Mustang and the Cessna C182T, equipped with very good G1000 implementations.

And the B200 King Air of course

Guest Mik75

I love all three Flight 1 releases with their G1000, the Citation Mustang (so much better than the Carenado Phenom), the C182T and their fantastic B200!

The Flight1 G1000 implementation in the C182 and B200 is relatively good, but still a far cry from the real unit - especially where the less obvious convenience functions are concerned. I'm currently getting a G1000 difference training/rating and its interesting to see all that's missing in the sim.

When asked about those features, Flight1 tell you how it's an entertainment product you're talking about, be glad that it does what it does etc

Having said that my first flight in a real world G1000 plane was a non-event, I felt entirely at home with the unit, and the CRI pointed out some of the features I was unaware about. The Flight1 KingAir is one of the best FSX planes I own, and it'll probably keep me away from P3D for a while, as Flight1 won't support that (the dreaded 'entertainment' word again).

Agood ...  When you speak of the deficiencies of the G1000 in the Flight1 products, are you speaking of the unit installed in their planes or the stand alone G-1000 simulator ... the one priced at $249 for academic use?  Thanks.

The stand alone version has most of the real feature if I recall.

Read this page for more info

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/GarminG1000StudentSimulatorSoftware/G1000Features.aspx

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agood ...  When you speak of the deficiencies of the G1000 in the Flight1 products, are you speaking of the unit installed in their planes or the stand alone G-1000 simulator ... the one priced at $249 for academic use?  Thanks.

I'm speaking of the unit installed in their planes (the entertainment products). Standalone I didn't really get... can that be integrated in a FSX plane somehow? Because if not, why should I get that from Flight1 when I can have a similar offering from Garmin for 25 bucks?

I have the Flight1 standalone and used it with some success while I was earning my instrument rating.

I'm speaking of the unit installed in their planes (the entertainment products). Standalone I didn't really get... can that be integrated in a FSX plane somehow? Because if not, why should I get that from Flight1 when I can have a similar offering from Garmin for 25 bucks?

As best I can tell from the documentation, you can link the standalone unit to FSX and go fly..

The Garmin Trainer will not do that.

Bert