Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

Thinking of abandoning the PMDG 737 NGX

opus has head movement effects and such built in,  and turbulence  looks like that to me I use it and love it

try flying without opus and see if it does it with stock weather

Watch the yoke in the video, its not head movement.

When I use spot view the plane's nose deviates radically up and down, with both Opus and FSX air turbulence. 

I have to get going on my video so I make myself clear.

It looks like you had a single-digit wind there.  I use the 737NGX and OpusFSX and would never see those sort of oscillations.  Something wrong with your settings I think.

ngxu_banner.png

In Fsuipc winds section put a tick in variance.that stopped it for me.

steve

Opus like ASN, you do not use fsuipc weather settings. I think Capt Speirs has an issue with his Live Camera settings in Opus, and would be best to ask Stephen @opus. he will help.

Indeed, like mrtk said you should try get Active Sky Next. I use it and I've never had this kind of problem with it... ASN turbulence seems to be just fine with PMDG 737NGX too. 

Regards

Joona L

So the OP should purchase another weather engine because his settings maybe incorrect ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Quoting other similar reports is pointless. If you read those threads you'll find very similar responses, mostly suggesting it's weather engine related. Do you think the people who are telling you they don't have this problem are lying to you?

I'm not saying you aren't having a problem but I don't think it's related to PMDG's simulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Tried my registered copy of FSUIPC, no change. OpusFSX

I will have to make a video, if this were real, we would need lots of "Airsickness Bags". I have done some research and this is not isolated, PMDG even mentions it in their manual to turn off air turbulence. I got the NGX for realism, not to play god with the weather so it fly's right.

Your weather program is causing this. Adjust the weather settings . Playing god with the weather has nothing to do with it. Weather programs can be very unrealistic. Leaving a beautiful and realistic aircraft like the NGX over a problem from your weather program tells me you don't want realistic or understand which add on is more realistic. That aircraft is way more realistic than your weather program.

Richie Walsh

Opus like ASN, you do not use fsuipc weather settings. I think Capt Speirs has an issue with his Live Camera settings in Opus, and would be best to ask Stephen @opus. he will help.

What does the camera settings have to do with the yoke moving in and out and the nose bobbing up and down? I use the same settings on my PMDG 777 with no issues. I am not trying to be sarcastic, if indeed the camera settings are an issue I would be grateful to get rid of this annoying behavior.

BTW; I tried to make a video and I couldn't duplicate it...grrrr, figures. Tooth stops hurting as soon as you get to the Dentist syndrome.

What does the camera settings have to do with the yoke moving in and out and the nose bobbing up and down? I use the same settings on my PMDG 777 with no issues. I am not trying to be sarcastic, if indeed the camera settings are an issue I would be grateful to get rid of this annoying behavior.

Because LC is tied into the weather engine. Check your DOH setting and Bump aircraft in DHM dialogue box. Also make sure you are using default weather settings in Opus weather configuration box.

Also, make sure you are using the latest beta version. One was released yesterday.

Even though your 777 does not have this issue, which may have different LC settings, you need to check DHM for the NGX to at least rule it out. In particular DOH and Bump.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

DHM and Bump have nothing to do with the aircraft going up and down.  You can see that the yoke is going back and forward in the video, either to compensate for nose up or down or to maker the nose go up and down.  As it's not the Capt's aircraft it doesn't make any different.  It's the weather engine or settings in Opus or FSUIPC.  Since day one for the NGX I have used Active Sky in one version or another and never had a problem with porpoising.

Rob

Because LC is tied into the weather engine. Check your DOH setting and Bump aircraft in DHM dialogue box. Also make sure you are using default weather settings in Opus weather configuration box.

Also, make sure you are using the latest beta version. One was released yesterday.

Even though your 777 does not have this issue, which may have different LC settings, you need to check DHM for the NGX to at least rule it out. In particular DOH and Bump.

I just remembered changing profiles with one on Opus' web site, I think that is when it started. Thanks, I will try that.

Here are the current settings;

AHM.jpg

DHM.jpg

Configuration.jpg

WetherOptions.jpg

Tried my registered copy of FSUIPC, no change. OpusFSX

I will have to make a video, if this were real, we would need lots of "Airsickness Bags". I have done some research and this is not isolated, PMDG even mentions it in their manual to turn off air turbulence. I got the NGX for realism, not to play god with the weather so it fly's right.

If you are using ActiveSky you are already playing God!

I use the NGX and Opus (latest version) and have never ever seen this problem.    I can see from your video why it would be frustrating though!

But something is amiss.     Throwing the NGX away would be like throwing your baby away because her pushchair has a bucked wheel and is bumping as you go along.   :wink:

I'd try an unistall and reinstall of Opus personally.

I use the NGX and Opus (latest version) and have never ever seen this problem.    I can see from your video why it would be frustrating though!

But something is amiss.     Throwing the NGX away would be like throwing your baby away because her pushchair has a bucked wheel and is bumping as you go along.   :wink:

I'd try an unistall and reinstall of Opus personally.

I already did an uninstall and re-install, no change. I am also using the latest Beta now in hopes that it would help. I played around last night with some of (a lot of) Opus settings and it seems to have gone away, finger's crossed. Believe me, I do not want to toss the NGX, you are right, she's my baby and I have taken her all over the globe.

BTW, that is not my video, something I found on YouTube that shows what I am experiencing. The video is actually mild compared to what I have experienced.

Do you have an Opus CDF for the NGX that you don't mind sharing? I would like to compare settings.