Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Once and for all

I believe the stutters he is referring too are not due to high settings or fps issues. I see them in all the v2 releases no matter what I do. It is more of a microstutter that u can see in the terrain as u pass by looking out the vc. I believe it is vsync related. I had the exact same issues with fsx before the 1/2 refresh rate setting in NI came about. But this setting does not work in V2.

I very much agree with you, I have the exact same problem. In both V1.4, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 i see  non performance related microstutters. FSX however runs like a charm...

This could definitely be vsync related

The sooner we get an actual Prepar3d V2 profile from Nvidia the better, here's hoping it's included in the next set of WHQL drivers.

Until then, I've stayed away from using Nvidia Inspector and am just using 8xAA and 16xAF via Prepar3d's display settings.

If it helps, I'm running with vsync off.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

If it helps, I'm running with vsync off.

Cannot do it with vsync off, I get screen tearing.  It appears the flashing comes mostly from the building autogen.  Too bad nVidia Inspector doesn't help.

\Robert Hamlich/

I believe the stutters he is referring too are not due to high settings or fps issues. I see them in all the v2 releases no matter what I do. It is more of a microstutter that u can see in the terrain as u pass by looking out the vc. I believe it is vsync related. I had the exact same issues with fsx before the 1/2 refresh rate setting in NI came about. But this setting does not work in V2.

This is exactly it!! Ahhh you put it in to words I could not.

It's so frustrating.

Until someone comes out with a fix, I'm gonna have to stick with using x-plane 10.25.

P.S I tried with vsync off, no change.

It's especially worse as I use track IR, so I am always looking outa the VC windows ;)