Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

V2.2 Patch Question

I think this patch really needs to be clarified before I go deleting any folders

And where are these four folders located??

You need to delete these 4 folders. You might want to back up your old scenery.cfg or the contents of these folders so you can restore pieces manually if desired.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Any help would be appreciated as I really would like to patch this sim instead of doing a full install of 2.2

I have hours and hours of addons loaded and I don't cherish the thought of re-installing them

Just for the record my Prepa3d is located in the root directory of C:

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

I think that is if you are doing a full uninstall, reinstall (not the small patch update to v2.2).

Might want to download their install instructions to double check.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Paul, read this sticky post, most especially the section at the bottom marked ***.

Using the Start button and simply copy/pasting the four paths listed will instantly open an Explorer window on those folders!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439035-read-me-first-if-you-are-having-v22-issues-follow-these-steps/

I think that is if you are doing a full reinstall (not the smaller P3D v2.2 patch update).

That is not correct. These are not simply suggestions, they are requirements to clean out obsolete data and compiled shaders.

These steps apply to everyone irrespective of whether they use the "patch" or the full installer option.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

just install the patch over your 2.1 setup    The deleting stuff is for the people that wan't to start fresh again with a new install.

I went back and reviewed the P3D download/install pdf instructions for v2.2 just now ...

"Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Prepar3D v2 Client
NOTE:  This section only applies to those uninstalling/reinstalling Prepar3D v2.  Uninstalling/reinstalling
the Prepar3D client should work as designed, but following these steps will help guarantee success."

So, I just installed the small v2.2 patch ... it went well. BTY, I did the same previously for the P3D V2.1 ... it went well.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Bill

You are a star  ..... Thank you

The only folder it couldn't locate was the first one in the list  ...PROGRAMDATA

But .. I manually looked and I think it is because the folder is slightly 'greyed out'

I did look in there though and it contained a folder called Facilities and another called SceneryIndexes  ...... There were also a list of back up files for scenery

Is this the first folder that needs deleting too?

I guess I need to back all of these 4 folders up as I might need to manually put some of the files back in once I have applied the patch??

Cheers

Paul

Spoonerflight

Conflicting suggestions here!!!!!  

Paul

From the link Bill provided (Thanks Bill)

"You will need to go back in one by one and re-add your add-ons to the dll.xml and exe.xml to see which one is causing problems, perhaps they have not updated their addons to work with v2.2 yet."

I don't really understand this.

Is it just saying I'll have to re-install my add-ons? What does  "to the dll.xml and the exe.xml" mean?

"to see which one is causing problems", what problems?

I'm not the techiest guy on the block, do I just back-up and delete the four folders mentioned, then re-install my add-ons? Should I uninstall my add-ons first (I'm only using ORBX global and UK2000 scenery), or is there something going on with dll.xml and exe.xml that I'm missing?

Thanks

Eugene

Eugene, that simply means opening your dll.xml file in notepad.exe and adding back the entries that your backup copy had.

You do NOT have to "reinstall" anything at all since it was never "uninstalled" to begin with!

The same applies to your exe.xml file as well.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only folder it couldn't locate was the first one in the list  ...PROGRAMDATA
But .. I manually looked and I think it is because the folder is slightly 'greyed out'
I did look in there though and it contained a folder called Facilities and another called SceneryIndexes  ...... There were also a list of back up files for scenery
Is this the first folder that needs deleting too?

The information below is from Rob Ainscough in regards to specific file locations.  Hope this helps:

Excerpt from Rob's Posting:

If your OS is installed on C: drive (Lockheed Martin's main P3D installation location is not relevant here).  And replace "Rob" with whatever name you gave your OS user account.

Example:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Mike

That is great  ...... all present and correct

So .. all I need to do is back these folders up  ......  delete them and then apply the patch?

Cheers

Paul

Eugene, that simply means opening your dll.xml file in notepad.exe and adding back the entries that your backup copy had.

You do NOT have to "reinstall" anything at all since it was never "uninstalled" to begin with!

The same applies to your exe.xml file as well.

Many thanks! That's very clear to me now, I'll go ahead with the patch using those instructions.

Cheers

Eugene

I had problems and spent most of the day with download and fiddling. I would say that the patch/update was quite CRUDE.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA