Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Is this Exaggerated or a Bug? (wake turbulece)

(Sorry for my poor English)

This is too exaggerated or a bug.

I was flying on VATSIM, all of sudden my plane nose moved toward downside.

It feels like a something is dragging me.

There was not take-off airplane in front me. Maybe ASN think that airplane taxing on the ground is in midair, then wake turbulence effect is created.

It looked like the simulation suddenly malfunctioned just before touchdown.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Maybe windshear?

Rog

There was not windshear. I checked the map of ASN. wind was calm and no windshear.

IT did look odd, like a chunk of simulation time went missing. Is there an event of some kind generated in the sim, just before touchdown? Maybe the aircraft checks ground proximity and goes to get a sound file which baulks with hard disk latency or problem, or something along those lines. Can try repeat landing with stock aircraft or no weather.

It looked like the simulation suddenly malfunctioned just before touchdown.

Nono. It not system malfuction.

This is wake turbulence effect of ASN. A week ago I flew cessna 172 with Ai traffics, I took off behind of b747. And the same thing happend. it feels like a uncontrolled and force??? of jedi? haha.

I can't depict well because my suck English. Anyway it's wake turbulence of ASN. Active sky 2012 have same thing. I experienced befroe. manytime.

(sorry for my poor English)

I can't depict well because my suck English.

Your English is awesome cool DOGANG KIM!

This sometimes can happen with me. But I think its cause of my old joystick and has nothing to do with weather.

Bilal Asif Khan

So I guess..

ASN (and active sky 2012) depicts the wake turbulence via controlling plane's attitude, control surface. Not via the wind..

Just my guess...

Hi,

wake turbulence encounters are logged by ASN (providing also some useful details). So you can find details in the log file coming up from the session you need to clarify what happened. In addition, watching the ASN map (zoomed in significantly), you can see if any wake trails are present in the aircraft path. Remember that wake trails tend to "live" longer when wind is calm (they may reach 120 seconds or more). They also drift with the wind, so you may find them in places not expected.

ASN creates wake trails by reading the data of other aircraft. If these data are not correct (e.g. the speed or whether the aircraft is on the ground), then erroneous wake turbulence may come up. We've extensively tested this with the default FSX AIs and some multiplayer clients, but I have seen reports of issues coming more often in relation to multiplayer. Keeping an eye on ASN map will help clarify all this (if any data are wrong). 

Please provide to us all these details, so that we can figure out if something is wrong and fix it. 

Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

(Sorry for my poor English)

This is too exaggerated or a bug.

I was flying on VATSIM, all of sudden my plane nose moved toward downside.

It feels like a something is dragging me.

There was not take-off airplane in front me. Maybe ASN think that airplane taxing on the ground is in midair, then wake turbulence effect is created.

I'm assuming your talking about wake turbulence from another aircraft? If a heavy was in front of you and ActiveSky can in fact can simulate it.  Then yes that is what getting caught in wake turbulence looks like.  I have actually gotten in a seemingly similar situation like that at my day job.  Keep in mind this all happens in less than 2 seconds.  I was just about to pull the power to idle and flare when the aircraft slowly rolled to the right then jolted abrutly putting us in a 25 degree bank.  Pushed the power levers up half way figuring it was turbulence (20kt crosswind).  We sat about 20' in the air about to try to land again when we got hit the second time.  All in all it was maybe 10 seconds before we just said screw it and went around.  But wake turbulence can do some very abrupt and very unpredictable things to an aircraft.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thank you!

Now I run and see ASN and exported log but log of past is not  saved? the log file is very short...

Just got ASN and crapping my next flight in case I get wake turbulence or even windshear lol

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.