Sign in to follow this  
aszewczak

No STEP TO line on Cruise page

First of all I would like to say hello to everybody as I am here for the first time.

I've just bought pmgd 737 and I am really very happy to fly this plane.

After a few short flights I have however one strange plane's behaviour.

There is no STEP to line on FMC's cruise page. Does anybody knows why?

Thanks in advace for any tips.

Regards

Andrzej

There is no STEP to line on FMC's cruise page. Does anybody knows why?

You have to enter it in yourself.  This isn't a 744 or a 777.  The plane was built for a different type of flying, and step climbs are generally few and far between, unless you're flying longer hauls.  Airlines are doing this more often now (more 737s now haul a bunch of 3000nm trips, whereas that would've been fewer 762s, or even DC10s in the past), so you're seeing it more often, but its market sector really wasn't one with routes that justified step climbs.

Whereas the 744 and 777 FMS assumes step climbs as part of its calculations (part of the reason there's a STEP entry on the INIT pages), and you'd have to enter a 0 there to override that default assumption, in the 737, it assumes you won't be stepping unless you specifically make an entry on the CRZ page.

They are different aircraft built for different purposes, and they need to be treated differently.

Kyle Rodgers