Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

PFPX, TopCat, 737 ngx

First of all not sure if this is the right place to be posting this!

Does anyone here use PFPX, Topcat and 737 ngx? What My problem is the ZFW is different to the one in the 737 800 WL single class FMC - PFPX ZFW 42991

737 ZFW 41400

I have configured those two plans together by only using adults set to 79kg!

Vernon Howells

Hi!  Welcome to AVSIM!  I just want to pass on a friendly reminder that we have new signature rules here at AVSIM - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/.  Thanks for your cooperation!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Did you pick single class for the ngx otherwise the number of pax isn't the same. Also you can edit values in pfpx and topcat to match your specific aircraft. There is also another good thread on how to get these all in sync onhere just search ngx Topcat and pfpx to find it.

Yeh single class! Just the 737s FMC DOW is different from the PFPX i'll have to have another look see if i can change it

Vernon Howells

Can't find thread mmmm anyone can help please.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Can't find thread mmmm anyone can help please.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/417842-topcat-pfpx-737ngx-weights-how-to/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks a lot mate

Wayne HART

Tried that thread the aircraft.txt weights are different to the FMC weights?

Vernon Howells

Fed up now with pfpx weights not matching the 737 FMC's

Has anyone had this problem?

Vernon Howells

I'm trying to change the aircraft config file in topcat but its not allowing me?

Vernon Howells

Not what you want but what I do is match my load in the FMC to what is on the PFPX flight plan. (I do not export it).

Hi altstiff got it all matching :) what i done is gone into PFPX file data changed the txt to match that of the FMC! You should try that and then do the same for TOPCAT you may have to change the passenger default weight and baggage weight i've got it at pax 78kg baggage 1 kg

Vernon Howells

Where's the text file in PFPX please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne HART

Here's another question:

This is a question for those who use PFPX and the PMDG planes. Recently I switched to PFPX for my flight planing, and I really like it. Coupled with TopCat, it really plans the flight using not just the routing but everything else in between. And then it exports the plan to my PMDG aircraft.  But right now, I'm a bit confused about how to use this application with the 737/777.  If I run PFPX first, and use it to populate the pax, cargo and fuel, then I have to go into the FMS and manually change the data there.

OR - should I launch FSX and the aircraft, create the load figures (fuel, pax, etc.) and then go to PFPX and enter that data manually?  PFPX doesn't differentiate classes or types of pax, PMDG does. So I'm asking if anyone up here has a preference with this stuff. Would it be better to build my load on PMDG and then carry it over to PFPX, or create the figures in PFPX (i.e. random) and then manually enter them in PMDG?

I'm going to post this to the PMDG forum, also.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg