Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

RA Duke V2 Vs. Milvis Baron 55

Think of the Duke B60 v2 as a Carenado visual quality with RealAir's realistic FDE's and a complete custom sound and effects package to boot!

Wouldn't say the sounds package is completely custom. I've watched the video below and some engine sounds are taken from default FSX.

Wouldn't say the sounds package is completely custom. I've watched the video below and some engine sounds are taken from default FSX.

Their website is misleading in that then, they claim to have a custom soundpack, however I guess since its not all default sounds they can claim a custom sound pack. I still trust TSS and ArezOne to deliver some of the best sounds in FSX though.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Their website is misleading in that then, they claim to have a custom soundpack, however I guess since its not all default sounds they can claim a custom sound pack. I still trust TSS and ArezOne to deliver some of the best sounds in FSX though.

Definitely not all sounds are default. In the video I've spotted default sounds at 0:06 (gyro sound from the C172), 0:16 (combustion sound from the C182/Maule), 0:24 (starter sound from the Extra 300S/Mooney Bravo) and the low RPM sounds seem to be taken from the Baron 58. Everything else sounds custom though.

I checked the RealAir website and they do not seem to claim to have custom sounds for the engines: http://www.realairsimulations.com/dukeb60v2_features.php?page=dukeb60v2_features

My mistake, i remembered seeing Custom Sounds, however they only claim "Custom sounds on all cockpit switches, table, doors, armrests, and more"

Well I suppose ArezOne could make an updated Duke B60 Turbocharged Piston pack, they are pretty good with sounds.

http://secure.simmarket.com/arezone-beechcraft-duke-b60_soundset.phtml

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

This video appears to be the original B60, not the newer v2, which makes sense as this soundset has been available since 2010.  I haven't flown the old B60 in some time, but be aware that some things have certainly changed.  Custom or no, I like the sounds of the current version and find them well-matched to the plane.

Scott

This video appears to be the original B60, not the newer v2, which makes sense as this soundset has been available since 2010.  I haven't flown the old B60 in some time, but be aware that some things have certainly changed.  Custom or no, I like the sounds of the current version and find them well-matched to the plane.

I'm pretty sure it's not the original. The title of the video says "RealAir Duke B60 2.0", it was uploaded in 2013, and to me it looks like the B60 in the RealAir website.

I'm pretty sure it's not the original. The title of the video says "RealAir Duke B60 2.0", it was uploaded in 2013, and to me it looks like the B60 in the RealAir website.

Yep, you're right.  Somehow I clicked through to something else on YouTube and ended up watching a different video.  My bad.

Scott

those system specs are not too bad, the 2.9Ghz CPU clock speed is not entirely desirable and Overclocking Intel CPU's correctly can be a bit more of a hassle depending upon archetype.

Thanks Spartan 0536 for looking at my specs in terms of performance for the Duke. You're right. I do just fine in Orbyx world with some weather, 50% AI and all the slider just about maxed. I get around 20-30 fps (locked at 30) with the Baron55. But I do get bogged down in large FSDT metro airports.  . I'm using all the applicable Word Not Allowed's  Tweaks  and GPU tweaks which do help considerably. So based on what you said, I should be fine with the Duke. If I'm going continue simming, I do need new updated system.

Thanks again for yours and everyone's input. It's all very constructive and really helps when it comes time to spend hard earned $$.

Cheers,

Brian-