Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

What music do you listen to when you go flying?

Ok, it might bog down system resources a bit, and it probably isn't a great idea to be blasting Metallica when you are communicating with ATC for a final approach, but I have a feeling there are other simmers out there like me who like to play some tunes in the air. A favorite experience of mine is listening to Neil Young (particularly Psychedelic Pill) while blasting through OZx Death Valley. Just goes together well. Do you guys have any preferred music tracks for flying?

i listen to music that would be popular in the area I am flying to. I enjoy doing that research since it makes it more immersive

I mostly listen to Grrrrr by Rolls Royce. They are a good band to listen to when I fly my 747. 

Dane Quartel 

Whether in my car, on the water, in the air, at home or no where in particular....classical all the way. OK, some Beach Boys too!

I use my client pc to watch music video's etc. I listen to a wide range of genre's, blues, country etc. My user name and avatar will also give a clue.

One of my favorites is The Mavericks

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I mostly listen to Piston Engine - The Noise (Avgas Remix)

B)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

None.

+1  It's nerve -racking enough listening to ATC jabbering away!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I love the roar of the engines so much that I don't bother to play any music.  The Q400 in particular makes a great ambient drone once you're at altitude and pull the props back to 850 RPM.   

Richard P. Kelly

Allison V-1710, RR/Packard Merlin, R2800 music when appropriate.  Otherwise lots of blues, funk, classic rock, and when flying a vintage airplane, I like that old moody 'Film Noir' jazz...it fits.

Really tho, this is 'music'  :wub:

hard to beat that beautiful throaty roar of the V-1710 ^_^

Cheers

TJ

Really tho, this is 'music'  :wub:

"Whistling death" I think they call it. Mix that in over the "throaty roar" bass track and yeah, that is definitely music.

Mostly Lycomings or Continentals.

Sweet!!

( When I am flight planning or after I land I usually listen to Willie Nelson or George Strait )

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals