Sign in to follow this  
Fabs

Carenado Prodigy: Wind Vector?

Hi,

In light of a few (!) discrepancies that users have pointed out, please don't ask why I'm so fixated with one really small element. It's just I haven't seen what I'm looking for on any screenshot or video. So...

On Carenado's Phenom version of the Prodigy, can a wind vector arrow be shown on the screen?

The real Prodigy has a selection of wind vector arrows.

Thanks,

Fabio

Having LITERALLY just posted this, z06z33 has posted a review which shows a test page of the Prodigy, and I thought for a moment that I saw a wind vector arrow...

Can it be true?!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Hi,

In light of a few (!) discrepancies that users have pointed out, please don't ask why I'm so fixated with one really small element. It's just I haven't seen what I'm looking for on any screenshot or video. So...

On Carenado's Phenom version of the Prodigy, can a wind vector arrow be shown on the screen?

The real Prodigy has a selection of wind vector arrows.

Thanks,

Fabio

Having LITERALLY just posted this, z06z33 has posted a review which shows a test page of the Prodigy, and I thought for a moment that I saw a wind vector arrow...

Can it be true?!

Yes, there are three options for the wind vector if I remember correctly.

On the bottom of the g1000 screen there should be bouttons. Wich are pfd or mfd( one of them cant remember right now). If you click these there will show up some setup options availabe. For Example wind baro and values ( metric/imperial and so on.) If you select wind there are three more selections wich will open. There you are. I think this is what you are searching for.

Thanks!

Next question, should I click the "Buy Now" button?!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Well hqrd to tell. I Use the Phenom with the RXP 530 in background for IFR. I like the simplicity of this one. But others dont. I do not relay on the fact that flc is not working. ( will change the buttonlabel to spd ). For me its a nice little plane wich is fun for fast vfr or short IFR hops. I think of you are a out-of-the-book pilot you should pass on his on and look for the feelthere wilco. If you knew Carenado and you can be habby with the g1000 they programmed. Give it a try.

Hi,

Thanks, your thoughts are appreciated.

I do like the Carenado eye candy, though systems modelling is important to me too.

Whilst I have the Flight1 Mustang, and that's very good indeed, I think that the Phenom is the best looking light Bizjet there is.

Just flight are doing the boxed version of the FT Phenom for £5, and I have to admit that I have bought it this week; It's really very good.

Now here's my dilemma: It hasn't got the eye candy of the Carenado Phenom as it is an older product, but the systems modelling actually surprised me as being fairly complete with only some minor switches not working.

Having said this, every time that I look at the Carenado Phenom, I think, "Yep, I just have to have it!", or maybe I will just wait and see what the service pack has to offer...

Thanks,

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

I must say, I know your issues with Carenado.  I haven't found too much that I would say, run out and buy this one.  So far....  LOL  I have flown it across the sourthern USA in six or seven hops.  Without spoilers (don't know why they did not model them), all I had to do is read one manual and fly it.  Been greasing the landings since the third one.  Flying day and night.  Great night cockpit and handles weather well.

Love the simplicity of a private jet with good electronics.  I fly with two monitors slaved for 3840x1080.  It is beautiful at 90% zoom and easy to read.  I found the Mustang impossible to fly with this resolution.  Between the two, I choose the Phenom.  The Mustang is removed.  There is always little bugs that the beta guys never see.  But, there is some power delays with the AP speed hold/adjustments which bothers me.  It may be realworld, but I question it.  It does seem to sway +- 10 IAS  on making adjustments.  Once in hold positions, the shifting of winds doesn't have that kind of affect.  This is all I have found.

My background is lots of time in A2A and PMDG AC from FS9 to FSX.  Of the Carenado livery, I find myself liking the older AC more.  Except for the 208B and 182T, I haven't found any of their highend newer AC worthy to recommend.  I fly them a couple of times and uninstall them .  arrrrrrgh  Would love to see a good KING AIR, but....  I will take a small jet.

I do like the PHENOM.  Could it be better, of course, it is a simulation at $40.  Would I buy it again, YES!  Now I am excited to know that the development of the Hawker is ongoing.

vafs_status.php?cs=EGE001&w=0&c=0

Hi,

I do generally like Carenado, and I have enough of their products to show for it. In fact, the C90B I have for both FSX and X-Plane, though probably it's my weakness for the King Air that is running that show. The C208B is great too.

I know what you mean about the Flight1 Mustang, as it is heavy on frame rates. It's nice though, with great attention to detail, but the Phenom is nicer still. To have Navigraph support is brilliant, but the truth is that I rarely run approaches in it, and if I do, I self position or receive vectors. In cloud, the Mustang performs badly, and this finishes off full IFR flight for me.

Carenado say things that for me go against the grain (see their [alleged] answers to the error log thread).

On the AP panel, there are one or two 3D buttons that are present and for display only because the system isn't modelled. However, the take-off config button is missing completely, as is the WAV chime for the pax signs. This is sloppy attention to detail, which is confounding because Carenado are one of the greats when it comes to detail.

There are more inconsistencies, such as speed fluctuations and engine responses, though I am unable to comment on the accuracy of jet performance.

In essence, I hope that they will address some major issues, and correct the inappropriate indications and answers that they made to the thread. It's inconceivable that they cannot make an FLC work when every other developer can.

I like the Carenado Phenom very much, but it's not yet finished, and when it is, I might grab another copy for X-Plane!

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla