Sign in to follow this  
WR269

FSDREAMTEAM Add On Manager

I have GSX and when I installed in the new P3D I noticed the FSDT add on manager has a section with all the known P3D tweaks, including affinity mask, etc.

Is there a known way to disable this? I dont want to run any tweaks in ny system. Has anybody experienced it? I will also ask in the fsdt forum.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Btw.

Do you have the Add-On Manager and Couatl in your Add-On Bar Menu?

Yesterday I installed GSX, IvAp and EZCA to P3D v2.2 but the Add-On Menu is not there. That's strange.

Everything has writen correct to dll and exe.xml...

Hey Will,

far as I know the Addon Manager does not apply any tweaks to your config unless you actually press the button bottom right that says "save to prepar3D" (or something similar. This is just an interface which enables you to make tweaks without manually entering them in the cfg file.

Cheers

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hey Will,

far as I know the Addon Manager does not apply any tweaks to your config unless you actually press the button bottom right that says "save to prepar3D" (or something similar. This is just an interface which enables you to make tweaks without manually entering them in the cfg file.

Cheers

Jack

Gotcha thanks Jack. Is there any way to disable it if you do press "save to prepar3d"?

Btw.

Do you have the Add-On Manager and Couatl in your Add-On Bar Menu?

Yesterday I installed GSX, IvAp and EZCA to P3D v2.2 but the Add-On Menu is not there. That's strange.

Everything has writen correct to dll and exe.xml...

Yes Daniel, they are there. I did download the latest version of both GSX and the Add On Manager from the FSDT website.

Daniel, I had an issue that Virtuali helped me with on the FSDT forums.  Same as you... for the life of me Add On Manager would not show in the menu bar.  This is what worked for me:

P3D DOES come with the FSX Simconnect libraries, for the precise reason to allow backward compatibility with FSX Simconnect clients, and they are supposed to be installed automatically.

They are located in these folders

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If for some reason they haven't been installed automatically by the P3D installer, you might try launching the .MSI files in those folders.

Once I manually launched these installers, Add On Manager showed up, and all of my FSDT and Flight Beam airports are now working perfectly.

-Phil

The new 2.2 hot fix (flight plan bug) seems to have broken the addon manager - again.

Reinstall does not work this time.

Anyone else have this problem?

tyrodes,

YES, big time - after the "Hot Fix", I lost GSX altogether - was still in .xml file, was FSDreamTeam folder was still in the root of P3d v2.2.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, and tried to re-install it, yes, using the latest d/l from FSDT - along with the "Stand-Alone Add on Manager...

The installer starts, them gives me a box stating:

Sim.EXE file version is 2.2.10338.0 - This product requires Prepar3d 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 to be installed................could never get it to install............

I went to FSDT and posted a thread and asked what to do........something, probably a .dll has screwed with my GSX.

I have NOT used EMT - and config is plain vanilla....

Assume yours installed fine??? just no Add-on Manager??

Let me know if you have an idea?

Thanks

Has anyone actually tried what I suggested above?  Your problems sound very similar to mine... and it fixed it.

Baylorguy,

I sure did - went to the folders and let them re-register.

Tried to install GSX, and I am getting same message and cannot install it - P3D just won't let me.

thanks,

Tom

I think fsdreamteam needs to update the addon manager again to account for the hotfox released 4/10.

About 12 hours ago they said it has already been updated but I have not tried yet. However they could be referring to the patch released a few days ago. I don't know. They seem to be very responsive.

tyrodes,

Just d/l'd and it works fine post Hotfix--- This is a good thing.

tyrodes,

Just d/l'd and it works fine post Hotfix--- This is a good thing.

Thanks for the update!

I think fsdreamteam needs to update the addon manager again to account for the hotfox released 4/10.

About 12 hours ago they said it has already been updated but I have not tried yet. However they could be referring to the patch released a few days ago. I don't know. They seem to be very responsive.

It was updated twice in the last week: once to support the initial 2.2 release, and another time to support the Hotfix, a few hours after the Hotfix was released.

virtuali,

Thank you for your dedicated efforts and how fast you helped us out.

Have a blessed day,

Tom