Sign in to follow this  
biloo

Dirty wings and Dirty plane ?

Hi, 

Is there a way we can request someone to come up with some dirty wings textures or some dirty fuselage ?

This can add some character to the liveries and wingviews.

Take a look at this very dirty looking wing...... I like it:

Bilal Asif Khan

Look closely at wing textures near the flaps there is dirt there, and the PIA repaint, by Jamal Naddem,that I use has a weathered look

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Is that available on avsim library ?

Sorry ... I found it ....

Nice paint job there.

Bilal Asif Khan

If I have to look closely then it's not dirty enough. :)

Chuck Biggins

I should start an aircraft cleaning business. I could make a fortune! I'm gonna call it "Plane Dirty!". :lol:

Link please ? I would like that paint looks great!

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

What we're missing is a dedicated painter like Chris Hicks who produced excellent dirty & clean paints/textures for the PMDG 737NGX.......if only someone with the expertise could do the same for our 777's! That way you could pick & choose which specific airline/aircraft was clean or dirty.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I Just love the weathered look - there are also the Greased wheel textures also released by Jaml Nadeem - Im at work or else I would provide the avsim link - have a search for them on Avsim and Install those also, to complete that "dirty" look :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I had no idea they retract the flaps so early. I always assumed they waited til around 10,000 feet.

I had no idea they retract the flaps so early. I always assumed they waited til around 10,000 feet.

You generally want to get into a clean configuration to accelerate and climb as soon as possible. Jet engines burn more fuel at lower altitudes than at higher altitudes.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

That makes sense. Maybe I set my climb rate too high or my airspeed too low, but I get pretty nose high if I clean it up before I get past 250.

That makes sense. Maybe I set my climb rate too high or my airspeed too low, but I get pretty nose high if I clean it up before I get past 250.

If you're lightly loaded, you want to use a de-rated take-off and climb thrust. Other than that, I'd have to ask what your climb rate is.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.