Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Those amazing shadows (P3D2.2)

Daya...er...wow.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks Greg.

This is pretty much day two with v2.2 no tweaks just straight out of the box.

The Feelthere phenom is all I can fly at the moment as it has Goflight compatability built in.

Fsuipc and its mouse macros are Fubar in 2.2 so none of my hardware works well with my other addons till Pete fixes it.

Fsuipc and its mouse macros are Fubar in 2.2 so none of my hardware works well with my other addons till Pete fixes it.

That's probably the biggest thing I'm waiting on at this point.  I have to review the compatibility list and figure out what limitations there are with third party add-ons still. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

FSX finally gets its legendary cloud shadows.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Very impressive!  I haven't had time to check out this new feature but this is exciting.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have to say, I've come back to look at that first picture several times...scary realism.

Gregg Seipp

Gregg, the first time I saw those cloud shadows especially when there are patches of sunlight lighting up the terrain I knew there was no going back for me.

We have waited a long time for this.

hello, can you share your p3d in game settings and nvidia inspector setting?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Loving those shadows, it a shame P3D2.2 costs $200.00 otherwise I would buy it.

Darryl

Cost me $59.95, why would you want the $200 version, they are both the same.

Keep in mind that not everybody legally qualifies for the Academic edition at the lower pricepoint. There are many folks who have kept this in mind when making their Prepar3D decisions, despite Lockheed Martin's decision not to check further into an individuals actual qualifying status.

-Greg

There are many folks who have kept this in mind when making their Prepar3D decisions, despite Lockheed Martin's decision not to check further into an individuals actual qualifying status.

More fool them Greg, and I am running on an OEM version of Win7 as well

Proper rebel me, I will end up getting thrown in jail at this rate.