Sign in to follow this  

How do I turn OFF the MFD and copilot PFD?

Read the documentation, hunted endlessly in the VC and panels looking for something that will turn OFF my co-pilot PFD and the MFD ... but can't.

Any hints how this might be achieved?

Thanks, Rob.

I noticed when I brought up the 2D version of the MFD, if I clicked on the circle/mounting screw in the upper left corner, about where a close box would be, it would turn off the VC version. Then when that panel was closed the VC MFD was no longer on. I imagine it's still running under the hood but might be less perf-intensive (guessing that might be the root of your question)?

I noticed when I brought up the 2D version of the MFD, if I clicked on the circle/mounting screw in the upper left corner, about where a close box would be, it would turn off the VC version.

Thank you, I was able to turn off the MFD and the Pilots PFD, but wasn't able to turn OFF the co-pilots PFD ... any hints?  Optimally it would be nice to have the Pilot's PFD only and co-pilots PFD turned off.

BTW, there was a significant performance increase (i.e. from 20 fps now over 40 fps) with those MFD and PFD's turned OFF in P3DV2.2.

Cheers, Rob.

All Cerando G1000 have a large frames impact.

Yeah, they do perform A LOT of functions.

The hidden click spot is there on the cp PFD, it just takes some hunting to identify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The hidden click spot is there on the cp PFD, it just takes some hunting to identify.

Ah, found them, all 3 of them ... they are ALL available in VC (don't need to bring up their 2D windows) ... my mouse turns into a hand cursor just below the upper left screw on each PFD/MFD ... better if you zoom in otherwise you make always get the VOL knob.

Given that these PFD/MFD's are huge performance killers, it might be a good idea for Carenado to advertise these well "hidden" hot spots for turning them On/Off.

Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

Cheers, Rob.

You're very welcome!

Carenado used to specify this in their manuals (such as in the Cirrus SR22), but I guess it was an oversight this time around.

Carenado used to specify this in their manuals (such as in the Cirrus SR22), but I guess it was an oversight this time around.

I did look and search, but found nothing.  They even mentioned a G1000_config.xml that I've searched for on all my drives and no such file exists?

Anyway, got it working well now in P3DV2.2, turned off AccuFeel.

Cheers, Rob.

If the Phenom is like the TBM, the xml file is inside the G1000.cab file.

Bert

If the Phenom is like the TBM, the xml file is inside the G1000.cab file

That's good know, thank you.

The G1000 configuration. Xml is inside the CAB file. I changed the default CDI mode to GPS but then was unable to change out while flying. Be careful.

Jerry

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The performance difference is night and day.  Heck, with all 3 turned off I was getting 40-60 fps across 3 23" monitors and high graphics settings.   Unfortunately, while turning off the co-pilot PFD is no problem, I don't want to be forced to turn off either my PFD, MFD, or both while flying just to get acceptable performance.  Clearly a G1000 representation can be better optimized (I never had these issues in the Mustang).  If Carenado can fix these performance issues with the panels, I would overlook most of the other shortcomings of this plane and gladly fly it.

Bill

Intel Core i7 8700-K (OC'd)  |  Noctua D-15S Cooler  |  Asus ROG Strix Z-370E Motherboard  |  G-Skill Trident-Z 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM  |  Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD  |  EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card x 2 (2-Way SLI)  |  Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case upgraded with Noctua fans  |  Corsair 1000W Power Supply  |  MSI - Optix MAG24C 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor x 3  |  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Heck, with all 3 turned off I was getting 40-60 fps

That's my experience also, hopefully the developer(s) will sort this out for P3DV2.x or work with LM to find a performance solution.

FYI, turning On/Off Mipmap VC Panels has no affect on performance sadly (first thing I tried).

Cheers, Rob.