Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Prepar3D 2.2 and AI aircraft

I've been thinking about the AI traffic in Prepar3D 2.2 again lately and I'm still wondering if it's possible to turn off specific aircraft as AI, particularly the Carenado A36 which is heavy as simmerhead said. This could be a good question for Lockheed Martin.

You should be able to 'de-compile' and edit the AI traffic file with Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools, just as has been done for FS9 and FSX.

For that matter, there are several other freeware AI Traffic programs available as well.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You should be able to 'de-compile' and edit the AI traffic file with Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools, just as has been done for FS9 and FSX.

For that matter, there are several other freeware AI Traffic programs available as well.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that.

What impresses me with P3D is that I am able to see great performance even with tons of AI loaded.  I use WofAI, but on top of that I have create 182 MB of GA AI flights using FSX GA models and even commercial models, like Carenado.  And thats just for the USA and Canada! Nothing like seeing detailed aircraft taxing around rather than the old blocky-style AI.  If they need new lights I go via the shockwave route as needed.  Incredible plane spotting now.  Never could achieve such immersion with AI in FSX like this before.  One happy flyer here.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi all, 

Your various comments on this topic are appreciated. I now have some pointers, thanks. 

Here's my problem: I get all the AI Commercial traffic I need (using the P2d 2.2 sliders and MyTraffic X for P3d), but I can't get what I really want, and that's GA traffic. A lot of my early flying as an RAF student pilot, and subsequent club flying, involved other light aircraft either joining, in the circuit itself, or landing. This to me was the real challenge - knowing who was in the air with you and knowing their position at all times. [On this subject does anyone know of an add-on (P3d compatible) that simulates this type of scenario?  Perhaps random AI traffic via the likes of UT2 or MTX P3d is not actually going to give me what I am looking for, namely other light aircraft active on the field or in the air.]         

Personally, I found the My Traffic X P3D interface unfriendly and have not the first clue as to why it doesn't do GA traffic for me, or B) if it does, what I need to do to generate it. 

On finding that my Ultimate Traffic 2 wouldn't work with P3D I reluctantly purchased MTX for P3d even though I preferred the UT2 models. Then I found installation/configuration a bit convoluted, and now have little on no GA AI traffic.  

I will be delighted if someone tells me I haven't installed it correctly or can suggest a remedy.  Any assistance gratefully received as I have never really felt that my 'My Traffic X P3D' was fully configured on installation. 

Regards,

Gareth