Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

Lights at airports - Aerosoft

Greetings,

I enquired at Aerosoft about what their plans are to create installers for their products into P3D.

The reply is this:

even though LM told they would have fixed the lights issue it does still not work.

Until they have fixed this issue we will not start testing.

And then this post also just a few minutes ago:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76531-runway-lights-inoperative-in-p3dv2/?p=574659

Does anyone here know of the plans from LM to rectify the lights issue and a tentative schedule as to when this will be done?

Hope I am not asking too much here ^_^

Best regards,

Lockheed-Martin might know... in their forums. Don't be so afraid to go ask them.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Thanks...I also posted there already, pending feedback.

If you look at this post and the one just before that: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76531-runway-lights-inoperative-in-p3dv2/?p=574659

It would seem the two developers are contradicting each other.

LM claims the lights are fixed, Aerosoft confirms this is not the case.

And I actually do understand the point of view from Aerosoft...they would have to work on several hundred add-ons, whereby LM would just have to rectify "one" issue.

Best regards,

Check

Http://simmershome.de

There you can download a fix for the runway lights at most Aerosoft airports. It's in German though but you should be able to understand using Google translation...

I assume that Aerosoft will not provide any updates for the old airports. They stated somewhere that developers have expressed no interest to update the old airports...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Check

Http://simmershome.de

There you can download a fix for the runway lights at most Aerosoft airports. It's in German though but you should be able to understand using Google translation...

I assume that Aerosoft will not provide any updates for the old airports. They stated somewhere that developers have expressed no interest to update the old airports...

Hi Carlito777,

Thanks for this, I will check it out...German is no problem, its actually my native language :)

Best regards,

Rene

Steve's DX10 fixer for fsx now has the aerosoft lights working in FSX DX10 mode.. I believe he made a change in the effects files... Javier carrier lights also work in FSX DX10 mode.

I wouldn't bother if they take the chance and bring well developed and updated airports to us that are truely P3D2-ready. I wouldn't mind to pay for that! I paid for the upgrate from FS9 to FSX and I will pay for a worthy upgrade from FSX to P3D2.

They hold back to update (just as an example) my home airport in Germany (EDDF). The current FSX version is in the state of 2010. We now have a new runway and the airport itself has been deveolped extensively. Unfortunatelly LM didn't use updated airport data as well. So I have to fly without the new runway even in the default setup!

So whoever develops a good EDDF for P3D2 will certainly get my money for it! Same applies for PANC and EDFE which are the other airports I own from Aerosoft.

No P3D2, no buy! It's that simple!

P.S.: I love to fly their TwinOtter.

P.P.S.: If their deveolper refuse to update their products (once the lighting issue is resolved) then it is either bad contract drafting between AS and their developers or not enough pressure from AS.

Edited by Flying_Doc

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Steve's DX10 fixer for fsx now has the aerosoft lights working in FSX DX10 mode.. I believe he made a change in the effects files... Javier carrier lights also work in FSX DX10 mode.

Thanks sfm48...I have the DX10 Fixer for FSX too, but this is the P3D forum and my query was related to the lights of Aerosoft airports not working in P3D.

Check out these posts:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80290-which-airports-are-compatible-with-p3d/

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6440.0

Best regards,