Sign in to follow this  
tango4

Request for PMDG: List of items NOT SIMULATED (NGX and 777)

Ty,

It wasn't completely an "error" as if we had no clue what we were doing - part of it has to do with how the HGS works technically in FSX and needing enough view space in the window to make that effect happen. We're not even certain we can fix it without hurting the HGS functionality - if it turns out we can't then it's staying the way it is. We're extremely proud of that HGS modelling (which really no one else has equaled 3 years later in any airliner addon) and we aren't going to mangle it just to fix the window dimensions. When we go back to update the NGX it'll certainly be looked at but I can't guarantee it'll be fixed due to the above.

Then how about offering two VC models? One with correct glareshield parameters and one with the glareshield that is suited for the HGS. Not many airlines out there are using the HGS.

This is just my personal opinion and is not supposed to be any kind of criticism.

Thank you Ryan for your response, I appreciate that. I understand your vision and opinion as stated as a 'pilots view'. Of course, pilots do not need maintenance pages in the FMC, they (almost) do not need any Circuit Breakers and finally they do not need the Maintenance Access Terminal. But these items are a kind of a new side of Flight Simulation, the Engineering & Maintenance side with a 'ground engineer view'. Maybe is goes way beyond the mission and vision of PMDG, however it can be an eye-opener to extend the value of realism of the products of PMDG. In this case PMDG is able to be a CBT for pilots and ground engineers aswell to become familiar with the systems and practise with them. Nevertheless, I understand that Circuit Breakers requests ridiculous space of time to simulate  those complex functions and maybe a small segment of all PMDG customers will actually work with them and thus not profitable nor valuable.

Please keep in mind that I'm not dissatisfied with the product of PMDG ofcourse.

Well that settles it, you should start up a "Line Maintenance Simulator" for the rising market of people who want to know all the microscopic details of maintenance. 

These aircraft can be flown by one person (as in our sims), but can't be maintained by one guy. Heck, where I work a dash 8 usually uses a team of 4 for elementary fixes in line maintenance. I personally feel that a MAT would be overkill, and with FSX's limitations would prove pointless. You think OOMs are troublesome now? Imagine the issues you'd have tossing in even circuit breakers to PMDG's modeling. 

Then how about making options, I mean those who don't use the HUD, can press a button in the FMC and the windows get smaller, just like with the eyebrow windows?

Also, could the FF (fuel flow) indication be made as an option in the FMC? around 40% of 737NG operators don't have the FF indication below the engine readings as in this picture:

http://www.aviafilms.com/photos/boeing_737_800_cockpit.jpg

Thanks

Then how about offering two VC models? One with correct glareshield parameters and one with the glareshield that is suited for the HGS. Not many airlines out there are using the HGS.

This is just my personal opinion and is not supposed to be any kind of criticism.

Guys, this is not as easy to do as you think. It would essentially require that every variant have a separate VC model for it with some kind of external swapping mechanism outside of FSX - that defeats the whole purpose of what we were going for with all the options being accessible in real time right there in the sim etc. It is not feasible to have the entire geometry of the VC rearrange itself in real time - the VC is already at the FSX animation limit to begin with. As I said before - we will see what we can do with this issue when the time comes, but all I'm saying is that there's the possibility that it won't be fixable or won't be fixable completely.

This is a simulator - it's not a real aircraft and we don't claim that it is. It costs $70 vs. a real 737-800 that costs $90.5 million. There are always going to be compromises when the cost equation is that skewed. Heck, we found quite a few errors in the multi-million dollar level d simulator that was used to verify a lot of things while we were developing the plane too. A simulation can never 100% equal the real thing by definition or it would just be the real thing.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I suggest actually on this perfect aircraft to make the sunshades like the md11 and 747.

It give at better working light onboard when the sun beaming into the cockpit :Ying Yang:

Soo much look forward to the updates and -300

yours 

Jens

• Upvote 4

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

I suggest actually on this perfect aircraft to make the sunshades like the md11 and 747.

It give at better working light onboard when the sun beaming into the cockpit :Ying Yang:

Soo much look forward to the updates and -300

yours 

Jens

This requires animations, which are already used up on the NGX afaik.

FMC position update upon TO/GA selection based on runway threshold + RWY REMAIN setting in FMC when no other navigation available is missing in PMDG 737NGX and the MD-11. I have not yet tested 777 as I do not own it. Tricky thing is that the FMC provides the option to set this but it's just cosmetic as it does nothing. 

I would rather see the correct cockpit dimensions, since I rarely use the HGS..

Not complaining though but I think that it would make more if a simulation with correct windscreen dimension which every simmer use, instead of compromising dimensions for some feature that a lot never uses and many airlines have not installed.

Just me 2 cents :)

• Upvote 1

I understand it took them too much time to develop a proper HGS, and they're not throwing away all those work hours to get the dimensions of the VC better. I would like to have the VC with better dimensions as well, but only if it's possible. They can't remove a feature such as HGS. Let's hope they find a way to get both done.

Alexis Mefano

Maybe it would be possible to choose when installing SP2 if youd prefer a HGS cockpit or a Real dimensions Cockpit without HGS.. I know that it could take a long time. I am not a programmer :)

Maybe it would be possible to choose when installing SP2 if youd prefer a HGS cockpit or a Real dimensions Cockpit without HGS.. I know that it could take a long time. I am not a programmer :)

It's more work then you think.

1) One more thing, maybe P3d has already corrected: a dedicated axis for the steering tiller.

2) Turbulence sounds.

This is a simulator - it's not a real aircraft and we don't claim that it is. It costs $70 vs. a real 737-800 that costs $90.5 million.

I've been on fixed-base 737 training simulators that are worse (much worse in fact) than PMDG's NGX systems-wise. And those cost $50.000 or more... Just saying.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

1) One more thing, maybe P3d has already corrected: a dedicated axis for the steering tiller.

2) Turbulence sounds.

1. Reg version of fsuipc

2.OPUS

Rob Prest

1. Reg version of fsuipc

2.OPUS

1. I tried the FSUIPC, but without success. What I understood is that FSUIPC can't create an axis for the steering tiller, but only makes the steering less responsive above certain speed. In the 737, steering coupled with rudder moves only 7 degrees, but the steering axis moves the nose wheel 78 degrees. This  "new" steering axis, as well as other axis (like the spoilers) are things P3D should correct immediately.

2. Very nice they had this initiative, but I own the ASN. It would be nice if there were some turbulence and vibration sounds inside the cockpit, as well as rolling sound improvement...