Sign in to follow this  
757FO

Blurries after installing 2.2

Hey guys,

On a clean 2.2 install (deleted all appropriate folders after 2.1 uninstall), I am seeing blurries after a few minutes of flying around. I only have installed ORBX PNW so far but this also happens in default areas.

I never had issues with 2.1 I am using the same sliders settings (Clouds shadow on, to min settings)

I also installed the latest NVIDIA Drivers, and backed out 1 release but no difference.

My system is running a i7-3770 @4.2 GHz / 16GB RAM, and my graphics card is a GTX680

Any insights/settings/anything you could recommend? (I would prefer not turning down sliders as the only difference from 2.1 is having enabled Clouds shadows, and never experienced blurries with 2.1)

Thanks in advance!

John.

Yea, me too. I am a little concerned. 

Bob

Same here. Going to try some Affinity Mask settings.

Hi John, I've got a 680 too and here's what helped: 

- try running with a lower FFTF setting (somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2)

- Run with frames set to unlimited and experiment with vsync / triple buffering on & off

- Try setting Affinity Mask to all cores (though this may cause stuttering since LM seem to have optimized the threads already)

- Try setting P3D to a high priority process in Task Manager 

Good luck

I don't use any tweaks in V2.2 and it gives me by far better results and sharp textures. Give it a try and use a clean .CFG file.

Thanks all for the replies! I will try the above tweaks, Mathijs, I tried the clean cfg and default settings but it would be a set back from 2.1 as I was able to run with more details than the default config.

I am also thinking about getting a 780 (on sales @ Newegg)... V2.2 looks really good, between volumetric fog, clouds shadow, etc..

Thanks again guys!

John.

Thanks all for the replies! I will try the above tweaks, Mathijs, I tried the clean cfg and default settings but it would be a set back from 2.1 as I was able to run with more details than the default config.

I am also thinking about getting a 780 (on sales @ Newegg)... V2.2 looks really good, between volumetric fog, clouds shadow, etc..

Thanks again guys!

John.

I bought 780 and have terrible blurries with FTX Global installed.

Affinity Mask tweak fixed the blurries for me. Don't use NI settings.

Yep, it worked for me too. Novation, thanks for the tip.

Matej Stavanja

Yep, it worked for me too. Novation, thanks for the tip.

That's good :smile:

I think it is very difficult to code for so many different CPU types, hence why some find adding the Affinity Mask does make a difference.

What is AF tweak?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I'm HT enabled on my 2700K so AF=85 runs all logical cores and completely eliminated blurries and slow texture loads for me.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I have a four core and I did an experiment. The P3D defaults to an AffinityMask=14 on my machine. When I set it to 15 (all 4 cores available) my skew-recovery time improved as noted above. When I set AM to 13, my performance was as good as '15'. This tells me that P3D REQUIRES core #0 to be active for dynamic scenery loading.

The OP is correct, yet we have a simple solution. Thanks guys.

Dave

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video