Sign in to follow this  
757FO

Blurries after installing 2.2

An observation I made after running a few different scenarios - setting affinity in the cfg definitely produced better results than setting it through task manager. This is the opposite of what I saw in 2.1...

against my judgment I used the Affinity Mask 15 and I can confirm I am seeing a noticeable difference. Just not using cloud shadows as it hits FPS like crazy.

I have an i7 3770k, what AffinityMask should I use? Do I need to include any tag before?

I'm HT enabled on my 2700K so AF=85 runs all logical cores and completely eliminated blurries and slow texture loads for me.

Same here but I use 15 (all physical cores). For some reason, LM thought it was a good idea to only let the sim use 75% of your quad-core CPU by default. Kind of strange to make this the default, as this was always a controversial tweak in FSX/P3D 1.x.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I was trying very had not to get caught in the endless FSX tweaking loop again and  was very hesitant to try any tweaking at all on 2.2 but I was getting some blurry ground textures.

I am running 4 physical cores so I tried the Affinity Mask = 15 and FFTF = .1 and I too can confirm that texture loading was significantly faster and diminished my blurries almost completely. The only other other "tweak" is I have my NV Inspector changed to the "BioShock" setting.

I believe we have a very bright future with Prepar3D !

Would just like to echo the sentiment of dandimm in that I was very reluctant to get involved with tweaking P3D but I had the worst case of the blurries which would within a few minutes affect almost every ground texture regardless of aircraft speed. After two weeks of messing about with settings and not a single completed flight, it really was the last throw of the dice for me and I was prepared to walk away from FSX and P3D altogether and look elsewhere. I can confirm the AffinityMask=15 tweak worked for my i5 4670k. Confidence in P3Dv2 now slowly being restored. 

I have been able to completely eliminate the blurries thanks to the tips listed in this thread, the remaining issue for me is poor fps (and I don't really look at the counter), as soon as there is too much cloud coverage, I experience a really noticeable drop in FPS. I have minimal cloud shadows, limited the # of layers in ASN, etc..

At this stage, I am using P3D with little cloud coverage and am patiently waiting for 2.3 hoping it will cure some of the performance issues I have been running into

Happy landings!

John.