Sign in to follow this  
wbard

Hot Fix for Flightplanner v2.2

:Applause:    Just installed the Hotfix and all works as advertised. Thanks again Wes and P3D development team for a speedy resolution!

Confirmed working.

Thanks Wes !!

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guys, i copy and paste the link in my browser but it doesn't go anywhere! Therefore cant download the fix! What to do?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Thank you so much n4gix!

Much appreciate your time to do this for me! :)

Cheerio

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

so we extract the file and put it in the P3D root folder?

Yup thats what  it is

"To install the patch, either unzip it directly into your Prepar3D v2 installation directory and overwrite the files, or unzip it to a temporary directory, then copy or move the files into your Prepar3D v2 installation directory, being sure to overwrite each file."

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I need some help. I can access the hotfix file and extract it, but how do I unzip it directly into the root directory? Or is it easier to put it in a temporary directory and then overwrite the files? If so, how do you do this? As you can tell, I am not very literate in doing this software maneuver. Thanks for help.

Tomcat!,

(Like the name)

You can click on the zip file and it will open and you can see the contents..........highlight all of the files (not the read me) and drag them to your P3D "root" folder - and "overwrite" the older files.

It will ask you when you drag them into the root folder -

OR

Click on the zip file and it will open.  Make  you a temporary folder on your desktop........drag all of the zips contents into the new temporary folder.

You are now finished with the zip.

Open your P3D "root" folder -  Open you new temporary folder with the zip contents..........highlight the contents, drag them to the P3D root folder - It will as if you want to overwrite, answer yes.

Either way is appropriate and acceptable - end results are the same.

Tom

Sorry to be so dumb! I'm a pilot, not a programmer! How do I get tot he P3D root folder? I don't want to screw up my P3D software by fumbling around and doing something wrong. Thanks for the help! by the way, this is a great forum. Never saw people so helpful, and knowledgeable as well.

Hi fellows,

Your "root" P3D folder is the main P3D folder - when opened, you'll see a lot of folders such as Modules, Scenery, SimObjects etc. plus a lot of individual files, like your p3d.exe and lots of .dll's.

turner112,

IF you cannot overwrite the originals with your Hotfix Files - then you don't have "permissions" in the Prepar3D Folder.  Navigate to your Prepar3D folder  -  example:  C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Do not OPEN the Prepar3D Folder - RIGHT CLICK, then navigate to the bottom and "click on" Properties.  A box will open up - with tabs General - Security - Previous Versions etc.

Click on "Security"....a box will open up....and you highlight (ex.) Administrator, and your will see "permissions"....make sure "full control" is checked............ALL you are doing here is giving

permissions to make changes in your Prepar3d folder - such as replacing files as with the Hotfix.

Once you do it...........it's easy.........

Tom