Sign in to follow this  
Flyer10

AVSIM community a lot friendlier?

Is it just me or is there a palpable increase in the level of friendliness in the forums since the release of Prepar3D V2.2?

It's called "coming soon-itus" The anticipation of a product in development can make people impatient then a little irritable.

Or, 2.2 solved many of our gripes with the platform. I haven't had an OOM since.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Is it just me or is there a palpable increase in the level of friendliness in the forums since the release of Prepar3D V2.2?

I need to start publishing the email we get... You wouldn't think it so friendly then. In fact, I would be willing to bet that you would be absolutely floored by them.. I am, and I have been getting them for 18 years.  :Cuppa: 

Tom, I wonder how many of those emails would you actually see if you had a 'profanity filter' active to simply toss those into the old bit-bucket?

I suspect the number would be very, very low... :blink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And I thought it was the gas bottle Tom hooked up to the server 2 weeks ago.  :clapping:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

TBH, when we had the release of Flight this was a pretty miserable place to be... Just my .02 but we weren't allowed to criticize or say anything negative about Flight at all, there were thread locks, bans, user warnings etc...  It created a lot of tension in the forums. Then there were obviously the FS9 V FSX issues, FSX vs XP10, P3D vs everything debates etc...

I think the divisiveness of my sim vs your sim has diminished greatly which is why this is a more pleasant place to be.

FS9 users have accepted there is a lot that will never be released for FS9 (despite some great new releases still coming out) and to make do with what they have.  FSX users seem to for the most part ignore the FS9 users and just let them be now rather than continually poking them with a sharp metal stick  (less conflict)

FSX users know the issues they are facing and are much more aware of their challenges, FS9 users are no longer screaming hey FSX has it so make it for FS9 too... (less conflict)

Flight users realize they were grasping to a hay straw that crumpled and disintegrated (no conflict there)

XP users are still very loyal but don't seem to pop into the FSX forum just to compare like FS9 v FSX (minimal conflict)

P3D users feel they are moving to their holy grail and just want more FSX add-ons available to them (minor conflict)

So all in all, the great divide amongst sims has diminished greatly. Most are settled in their own sim and their is NOTHING on the horizon pointing to everyone losing their add on investment as the next great thing is announced because TBH, there is no next great thing in simming right now.  We all need to use and optimize what we have and we have no option but to be happy with what we have today and stop whining about how what is coming tomorrow is going to break everything we have today... We also realize there is no point comparing sims or trying to change another user's mindset anymore.

Just my .02 but there is really nothing to be divisive about anymore.  To each their own and what we have today is most likely what we will have for a while... :) 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I really don't understand why people can be so vicious or angry or hostile towards a free service.

I've had my times where I disagree with AVSIM in the forums and such... but I just really can't imagine being of the mindset that one must have to write such nasty emails to the staff. I just don't grasp the 'why'.

I mean, it's the internet... not major surgery that without you'll die!

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I really don't understand why people can be so vicious or angry or hostile towards a free service.

Keep in mind that some are most likely angry and hostile for a myriad of reasons unrelated towards this free service. Every forum out there hass more or less the same cast of characters.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

FSX is a demanding (interpret = very processor intensive) sim.  When you don't have the proper hardware to run it successfully....anger ensues.   When you do...it doesn't generate anger.  You're just a happy simmer.

Stan

A happy simmer is a quiet one I guess

A happy simmer is a quiet one I guess

You kidding?  The happy butterflies of rainbows and sunshine are some of the most prolific posters of all!   Yuck! :lol:

You kidding? The happy butterflies of rainbows and sunshine are some of the most prolific posters of all! Yuck! :lol:

Yes this is true! :lol:

I need to start publishing the email we get...

I'm sure that would make for some 'interesting' reading :unsure:

Avsim is a pretty friendly place on the whole, and unless they get too hostile, some of the tribal conflicts can be entertaining to a point. You need a little yin and yang, though the moderators may disagree Straight%20Face.gif