Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Finding Duplicate Airports/BGLs

I'm trying to find out if there is a duplicate for the airport VABB(Bombay) but am not sure where to look for it. Tried to install a VABB scenery but when I go to it, seems like there is a double layer as I see the default scenery underneath.

Any suggestions welcome.

Can you please post a complete link. The above link points to a general Scruffy Duck site and I cannot find the Airport Scanner, I can find ADE which I already have. I did a Google search and it runs me around in circles without giving a good download site. Thanks, Bob.

Tried the newer version of the Airport Scanner which comes up with a series of messages that it cannot find Base sceneries and other sceneries that are already there. So, tried the older version. Thankfully, that did not throw up any errors but could not find a single duplicate .BGL and yet I know that the VABB scenery does have some duplicates as I can clearly see a apron surface and under that the default scenery for the native MSFS.

Are you running any version of My Traffic? That contains enhancements for many default airports. If so, search within its folder for any files containing the ICAO code of the problem airport. If you find any, back them up, then delete them or change the file extension to . BAK, for example.

Regards,

PD

Hi Phillip.

Thanks for your help. Yes, I'm running My Traffic X. Will try your tip and report back.

Hi Phillip

Yes, found a reference in where you suggested I look. Thanks.

Glad to be of help, but did removing them or changing the file extension actually solve the problem you were having?

If you get the same problem elsewhere, a quick and dirty test is to deselect the MyTraffic entry in the scenery library. If that works, then re-enable it and do as above. I have had the same problem at many payware airports, and a conflicting MyTraffic entry has always been the cause.

Regards,

PD

Currently in a flight to the Maldives, so will have to wait until I complete that flight before I can re-load FSX and run a check. Nevertheless, thanks for the tips re:MT. Will report later.

Hi Phillip

Despite deleting the VABB.bgl I found in MT, it still loaded up from somewhere. No idea where from. Want to install a VABB scenery add-on.

Which VABB is it? Is it from Thai Creations? At least some of their customers are reporting problems which sound similar to yours.

Regards,

PD

Hi Phillip

No, it's not that Thai Creations one. I've read those posts about it which is why I've held off. No, mine is one I found in the Library herein.

I have flight 1 AFX as well as afd scanner by scuffy duck.

both are great software, the scuffy duck one can find duplicates and also the flight one afx can find airports with 2 bgls and also can convert fs2004 afcads to fsx ones.

I found orbx whacked afcads i didnt need, as did horizon vfr UK and Scotland. they conflicted with UK2000 scenery, for example, both scuffy duck and AFX found them for me.

cheers 

14ppkc-6.png