Sign in to follow this  

Favorite/ Most desired airliner ROUND 2

No 767? :( 

Anyways, the market needs a good A330/40

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

No 767? :(

Anyways, the market needs a good A330/40

I stood inside an A330-300 cockpit today while giving the captain his loadsheet.

I gotta say...that flightdeck is cool at night with all the panels lit up.

What happened to the Boeing 757 or the 767 series. I want to see both in PMDG form.

Júnior Silva

What happened to the Boeing 757 or the 767 series. I want to see both in PMDG form.

You never will. They have said no to both multiple times.

They haven't said they never will do them. They said Level-D was working them, so they left it alone. That was a couple of years ago. 

I wouldn't be surprised, if the 757/767 family was the next project after 747. They can even reuse 777 technology in 764.

They haven't said they never will do them. They said Level-D was working them, so they left it alone. That was a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the 757/767 family was the next project after 747. They can even reuse 777 technology in 764.

Yes, they did say a definite no, and recently.

Do a search you'll find it.

Yes, they did say a definite no, and recently.

Quote.

Do a search you'll find it.

You are telling me someone from PMDG said they are never ever getting back together.... sorry, that's a song. That they are never ever making a 757 or a 767, like ever. 

I call BS. You give me a quote. I say there is none.

First choice PMDG rendition would be the 787 8/9/10, but I realize that this kind of project may just require a 64 bit platform to keep the OOM's away. Maybe P3D will allow for such a thing sometime.

An A350 would be a nice second choice which may also need a 64 bit platform.

Either of these would have to be missing functioning systems like EFB w/ on-board performance tool, electronic circuit breakers, SATCOM, and other advanced avionics, unless we had a 64 bit platform of course.

Until then I look forward to the 777 SP1 and the upcoming new 747 project.

Yeah they did say no. So what after the 747? Not to sound impatient or anything, but I can't imagine what would be next. 

Have they shot down the idea of an airbus?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Why yes. It was last November - more recent that I imagined, here you were right.

But then there is this:

Our next product is the 747-400v2. We have no plans currently to make a 767/757.

They did not have plans at that time. Things change. They may be considering it even right now, let alone in future.

They'll do the 757 right after LevelD releases theirs in 2000 infinite.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yeah they did say no. So what after the 747? Not to sound impatient or anything, but I can't imagine what would be next. 

Have they shot down the idea of an airbus?

Next release after the 744 should be the DC-6, followed by some expansion packs for the NGX, 777 and 744. What happens after that, no one knows. Probably another classic line product- something like a DC-3 or DC-10  :Praying:

They haven't exactly ruled out an Airbus, it's just that the PMDG developers that work in real aviation jobs usually work around Boeings. I personally would LOVE an A330 or A380 from them...

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I don't want another Boeing. Boeing is fairly well represented on the virtual "fleet". In any case, I'd want a good old-school 707, but that's challenging for the simmer because it demands his constant attention throughout the whole flight (no LNAV/VNAV and no FMC). I see people today want an airliner that at least has an FMC and LNAV capability.

Also, I don't want an A350, A380 or a B787. Those planes are too new and too "unknown" to the aviation industry. For example, finding a 787 pilot to test the software is a hell of a lot more difficult than finding a 747 pilot, not to mention finding a 350 pilot...

Being objective, the flight sim community needs a PMDG-level Airbus. My order of preference is: 320, 330 and lastly 340. But, since I'm not objective, I'd like an early EFIS aircraft such as the MD-80 (there's an MD-80 by LeonardoSH, but that's aging) or the A-300/310. The 757 will be released by Level-D (many people think that's not gonna happen, I've seen them stating and restating that their 757 will fly, I believe them).

A good russian aircraft could be interesting, something like a Tu-204. I understand there are a lot of drawbacks, an important one the difficulty of finding documentation in English since everything would be in Russian.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F