Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

Go buy Prepar3D v2.2 It's Amazing!

I bought v2.0 when it was released in November.  Now with v2.2, the application has improved vastly.  That is about four months and I can just imagine what the platform will be by the end of the year.  v2.3 should be out by then and I would imagine they team would be hard at work on v2.4.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

and in what way is it so amazing

a more detailed description of what u r running on it , how many addons etc and how it performs etc  would be of more benefit to potential buyers rather than   just an oh its amazing :huh:

Yes have to agree with capt sl, a more detailed reason why rather than it is just great!

I like many others are just tube drivers and all the reports I have read so far just talk about GA aircraft which is fine if that is what you fly.

Also read there are still issues with AEROSOFT airport lighting as per the AS forum it appears LM are still trying to get this fixed even though they say they have it appears it is not.

So as a user of these products and the AXE I will hold off until P3 is tweaked and then make that jump!

Happy flying!

There is lots of information in the other threads that describe how it is amazing.  For me it is the way that lighting is depicted, the shadowing that is available, the smoothness that the platform offers, the ongoing development from our friends at LM, a platform built on DX11, which offers modern graphics capabilities, the growth of third party vendors on the platform, and other things that I am sure I am missing, but hey, it's late in the evening so I probably sound like I am rambling.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

thx mike

only reason i ask is obviously im very interested but  unfortunately till i get a better system  finding out as much info  is the only option for me for now

For those of us with GTX580's it's not so much fun :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So as a user of these products and the AXE I will hold off until P3 is tweaked and then make that jump!

Just bare in mind that they can at anytime not make it available to us, private simmers :)

Best buy a copy now and your safe...keep it on the shelf for the time being...as I too am waiting for Aerosoft and PMDG to get sorted.

Thanks Mike,

For sharing :rolleyes:

Agree looking at the specs it is way ahead re shadows etc, I do not care for Autogen..never have looks very cartoonish IMO! so maybe I will invest turn the AG off and then be able to have all shadowing I want!!

But until it runs airliners I cannot make that take that leap it is just not for me at this time, as soon as the AXE is up and running I will jump!

All the best

Not an owner quite yet but it really does look great.  I think people are working out the settings and optimizations are still coming.  We do need a good suite of P3D-native airplanes.  Milviz is working on it as are others.  RealAir, Aerosoft, PMDG, Eaglesoft (I guess Flight1 has taken themselves out of the market.)...it's going to be amazing to see those and other new airplanes in this sim.  We also need  Mindstar GNS integration.  It'll come but I think we're going to have to have patience and enjoy the simpler aircraft until things get caught up.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As soon as PMDG release the 777 for P3D I will switch.  FSX on DX10 is actually running amazing on my rig.   Cant wait to see what 2.2 or 2.3 will be like when I move across.

edit - quick question, can you still undock 2D panels to other monitors in P3D?  (FMC/radio stack etc?)

Rob Prest

I don't see where it's so "Amazing" either, Microsoft Flight looked better.

I don't see where it's so "Amazing" either, Microsoft Flight looked better.

With that video card Flight is probably the best option for you anyway..

edit - I see he changed his specs  :biggrin:

Rob Prest