Sign in to follow this  
falconluan

Bring it on, we just need more addons like ASN and REX4

The third night of ASN trial and I'm totally sold. Works like a charm on my rig, no stutters, FPS is on par with other weather engines.

Was trying to test turbulence last night, so I used the searching function and chose an area was raining and had some wind. 

After loading, it turned out that there was actually a light to med thunderstorm! 

Like others said, the weather of fsx world has never been so thrilled!The visiability changing when near or enter or out a cloud; The excelent simulated turbulence, the awsome sound and texture of lighting(REX4 texture direct has credit of them apparently), I think I

can't fly without it from now on. Great great work you ASN guys. :Applause:

Nowadays we have a lot of really great addons for fsx which improve lots aspect of the old yet trusted (at least to me :biggrin: ) sim.

For scenary, we have orbx, flightbeam, aerosoft and other brillant teams;

For planes, PMDG, Realair, A2A, Majestic, LHC (I like their pacer) and so on;

For textures, REX all the time;

For weather, we have active sky series, OPUS, FSGRW;

They all have done some innovatition jobs and worked around lots of fsx limits and raised the bar with almost every release.

However, some aspects of fsx seem to be left a bit far behind, like ATC, AI and others.

For ATC, maybe the VATSIM is to be blamed, since lots of you guys fly on it and no need for ATC addon at all! Just joking.

I like the appearance ot ProATCX, I know there are a lot issues about it, but at least it is one of the rare ATC addons being developed

right now. It will be great if innovation work had been done just like ASN and REX4 and I believe the market potential is as good as them too.

For AI, again, VATSIM is to be blamed  :biggrin: . Only MyTrafficX and Orbx AI get some update now and then. And it would be GREAT if there is a polished, easy to use, intelligent (fly some STARs/SIDs at least) addon for that.

P3D seems to be rasing well at present, maybe it will bring more attention to this hobby and bring some effect on the dark aspects of flight sim as well. We'll see. :wink:

Indeed, good times!

MilViz is doing two planes I desperately want.. KA 350i, P180 II.. then my fleet will be finished.. But agree with you that the one thing not really messed with is the ATC system.

it must be a real bees nest in there!

Yes, ASN is great. I just wonder if they are going to fix the overcast problem. Its a fine dark solid overcast when you climb up, but when rising above clouds the situation turns into scattered clouds...

I have noticed holes in the overcast as well (even if I have the "enhanced" overcast enabled), thoughh I have read from a few people that Rex4 clouds seem to alleviate this to some extent. I'm still using AS2012 textures so I can't speak any real truth to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, ASN is great. I just wonder if they are going to fix the overcast problem. Its a fine dark solid overcast when you climb up, but when rising above clouds the situation turns into scattered clouds...

I am using ASN with REX 4 and have not had this problem at all.  In fact, I tend to get a very nice solid overcast from above.  Not sure if it is the REX textures or maybe a setting in ASN that needs to be set differently.  I actually just changed some visibility and cloud draw distances as I was seeing the edges of overcast in distance.  Once I changed these numbers a bit, it looks fantastic!  I second the OP comments, ASN & REX has made a huge difference to FSX!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11