Sign in to follow this  
tuifreak

777 - Stall after "quick adjustment"

Hey guys,

I'm flying my 777 for a couple of weeks now and still I enjoy every minute of it. But there is one, smaller problem, which is very annoying and hopefully you can help me with it.

Sometimes, when I do not have enough time for a short flight, I load a new flight on the Runway, wait for all Systems to load and take off. Than, I take all preparations for the landing, set Flap Speeds, already set the Flpas to let's say 20, Gear etc... And as soon as everything is done, I use the "quick adjustment" function of the FSX (Y) and set the aircraft a few miles behind the Runway for the landing

i've done this like a thousand times with the PMDG 737 and 747, everytime it worked, but it doesn't work with the 777.

After continuing the flight after the quick adjustment, I always get into stall as soon as my speed gets under 160knt +-. On the Speedtape you can see, that the red bar already starts at around 163knts? If I do something like a "normal flight", you know, FMC, Route and ILS Landing, everything works fine, but not with the quick adjustment although all other PMDGs do not make any problems with it.

Has someone had the same experience, or even better, does anyone know why the plane gets into the stall so early?

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language...

Yours sincerely,

Frederic Michaelsen

And as soon as everything is done, I use the "quick adjustment" function of the FSX (Y) and set the aircraft a few miles behind the Runway for the landing

i've done this like a thousand times with the PMDG 737 and 747, everytime it worked, but it doesn't work with the 777.

It's called Slew, by the way.

Basically, FSX uses the speed of the aircraft prior to slewing for the speed when you exit slew.  If you were stationary on the runway, and then you slew, FSX may add some speed to the aircraft (I think they programmed a basic logic of "if you're now off the ground, add some forward speed"), but it probably won't be exact.  Think about it: how does FSX know the speed you should be at for that configuration?

If you really, absolutely have to cut corners like that, use the Map function: ALT + World + Map.  That allows you to drag the airplane symbol to a point of your choice, set the altitude, and set a speed.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds to me like your 777 is too heavy or have not put your weight details in the FMC. Reduce the weight so that the Vref shown on the FMC approach page is less than 160 and you should be ok. You can enter a weight on that page and it will calculate the Vref for it. When you find a good weight enter it on the FMC aircraft set up pages so the actual weight matches up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Enter your weight in the perf section and the stall speed will adjust, just make sure you have flaps down according to your distance to the threshold..

I believe you only need to click the ZFW line select key twice and it will load it automatically.

As for the low speed: what Kyle said.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Thanks for the help guys, the problem was that I always forgot to enter the ZFW - for whatever reason...

:)

You can also take off, circle around, get lined up and configured for the approach, hit pause and save the flight.  It will reload as you set it up as long as you don't load on top of another 777 or other complex aircraft.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2