Sign in to follow this  
Sangam Gupta

GPU opinions

Hey Guys

Absolutely loving the 2.2. Works leaps better than fsx and now I am just waiting on the PMDG to put their stuff on.

I am currently using 2700k OC'ed to 4.8Ghz with GTX680.

All my flights are IFR and mostly from One Airport to Another. I only use 1 monitor with most sliders on max except No Cloud Shadows, Lens Flare and Low Water settings.

Currently I get decent 15-20 FPS with UT2 and ASN. Will I receive a good increase if I upgrade the GPU to GTX Titan ? 

Thanks!

It's certainly going to help, but to what extent of improvement are you looking for?

For a single monitor application, would you not consider the far cheaper gtx 780 ti instead? 

Getting a good deal here on a 2 day used Titan black ( only 200 usd) more than 780ti so that's why I figured why not.

well then thats a no-brainer...get the titan for 200 bucks

Unless of course that titan was overclocked and is fried/damaged :)

I'm holding off from the Titan to see what the new 6GB 780ti will bring.  But I have to admit my 2GB 670 is doing such a respectable job with three screens I have no problem waiting. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Nvidia is about to introduce their new Kepler based cards that will support new features of DirectX 12 in hardware.  Prepar3D  is likely to always be at the leading edge of graphics.  So to future-proof I'm going to wait until late 2014 to replace my GTX 580.