Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

Triple Monitor - V2.2 - GTX 780 or similar

Greetings,

Is anyone here running triple monitor in surround via Nvidia with a GTX780 or similar in P3D 2.2?

If yes, whats the performance like in comparison to FSX in DX10 mode?

I know there were some posts beginning this year, but since then and with the release of 2.2, nothing new has been posted.

I also believe to have read that LM was working on better performance with multi-monitor setups.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Rene

I also believe to have read that LM was working on better performance with multi-monitor setups.

Do you know what that entails? I run a triple-monitor setup with a 7970 6GB VaporX (5760x1080). I'm able to max most sliders except the cloud shadow one with acceptable FPS (19-40 depending on the area) when flying in good weather conditions. Throw in a few layers of clouds and it'll tank down to 10-15 FPS.

Here are my exact settings/addons used if it's of any help : 

FXAA : Off

MSAA : None

Texture Filtering : 16x

Texture Reso : Ultra 4096

Target Frame Rate : Unlimited 

Tessellation : On

LoD Radius : Max

Tess Faction : High

Mesh Reso : 1m

Texture Reso : 7cm

Land Detail Textures : On

Scenery Complexity : Extremely Dense

Autogen Veg : Very Dense

Autogen Building Density : Very Dense

Water detail : High

No reflections 

Special Effects : Medium

Lens flare : On

HDR : On

Shadow map count : High

Enable Terrain to receive shadows : On

Terrain Shadow Cast Distance : 0m

Cloud Shadow Cast distance : 20.000m

Object Shadow Cast Distance : 6,000m

Internal Vehicle : Cast/Receive 

Vegetaion : Cast/Receive.

Cloud Draw Distance : 80m

Detailed Clouds

Cloud coverage Density : Max

Traffic Sliders : 0

Addons used : FTX Global, FTX Vector, Rex4 Tex Direct, OpusFSX, Majestic Dash 8 q400.

PC specs in profile :) For now i'll only be flying in fair weather conditions until i can figure out what's up with the clouds murdering my frames.

Thanks for your feedback Syonco.

I am setting up P3D this weekend...well I intend to and will also post my results, with the Majestic as well.

I will use the same settings as you, I do however use Active Sky Next and also have FS Global FTX mesh. Where do you fly so that I can do a good comparison?

Have you done any tweaking in the CFG like affinity mask or the sort?

Your Textures are very high, I am not sure about P3D if that has an impact though.

I see your traffic is set to zero...do you also fly online? If yes, hows the frames and on what (Vatsim/Ivao) are you flying?

Best regards,

Rene

FS Global FTX mesh

My bad! I forgot to mention that i'm also using FS Global Ultimate Mesh.

Where do you fly so that I can do a good comparison?

ENGM-ENBR is the route i fly the most when testing different settings. Not too short, nor too long :)

Have you done any tweaking in the CFG like affinity mask or the sort?

Should also have mentioned this, sorry! I am NOT using ANY tweaks what-so-ever. It's all default.

I see your traffic is set to zero...do you also fly online? If yes, hows the frames and on what (Vatsim/Ivao) are you flying?

Traffic is set to zero due to the FPS hit it gives me (tried with 20%Airline 15%GA). It's not quite as high of an impact as the clouds, but it's noticeable. I do not use Vatsim/Ivao. I'm a rookie and would rather not ruin someone's day on there by messing up, lol :) 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know. I could do some more thorough tests of certain things you'd wish to know :) 

Thanks Syonco.

Well then, will try to find time this weekend and then we will at least have a comparison between the two different graphics cards.

Are you using payware airports or stock from P3D?

I overclocked my system to 4.5, but will switch between 4.5 and 4.2, although i doubt it will make a difference.

Are you using payware airports or stock from P3D?

For now, default airports. I will be installing Aerosoft's Gardermoen 2.0 later today. I remember in version 2.0/2.1 it was fairly hard to get accurate FPS shown due to my game OOM'ing every time i was taxing down to the runway. 

we will at least have a comparison between the two different graphics cards.

From watching/reading comparison benchmarks between the two. The 780 beats the 7970. That was the 3GB 7970 edition however, not sure how the 6GB VaporX fares vs the 780. Guessing the 780 still wins :)