Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

EGNX & 777

Hey Guy's

Have a little problem.  Anyone here flown into UK2000 EGNX with the 777? It is a major UK cargo hub.   For some reason the 777 will bounce up & down on the runway.  

Have checked the UK2000 forum but nobody has reported an issue.  Also checked the AFCAD to see the runway surface used, everything looks normal.  (I could be looking at the default AFCAD not the UK2000 one)

I have every Aerologic destination installed, this is the only airport that has an issue.  Hoping another freight dog out there has a solution? :)

Cheers

Rob Prest

Hi Rob,

I have actually just flown into EMA from Liege- never had any issue with the T7 (or any other aircraft for the matter) at UK2000 East Midlands. I know its not a solution to your problem, but I certainly haven't experienced anything untoward. There is always the standard suggestion of turning your mesh complexity down, but I'm sure you've already tried that.

Regards,

Jordi Blumberg

Hoping another freight dog out there has a solution?

When we were in the initial beta, there was an intermittent hopping issue that we could kill by using a detail radius of 10 or 20m.  I can't remember which it was, but adjusting the scenery detail radius seemed to help.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the info guy's. I do have high resolution NEXT MAP mesh covering the UK and most of the world + FTX Vector.   Will give your suggestions a try.

Btw, just had another look at the UK2000 forum.  Someone reported that dirt gets sprayed up from the runway surface, this is kinda like what I am experiencing.   It is like trying to take off on grass.

EDIT - @Kyle, I think you may have solved another issue for me.  The nose wheel sometimes hops a little on roll out at any airport. 

Cheers

Rob Prest

Cheers Kyle. Similar event happened to me last night landing at SGAS. Aircraft kind of began bouncing up and down after touchdown then as soon as I stopped, the plane was catapulted into the air then came crashing down! :) 

The fact there are about 67 ways to get the airport flat and none of them seems to work as well as one would wish doesn't help...

I'll go with trying lower mesh resolution (but don't be too surprised when that makes some other stuff broken)

The fact there are about 67 ways to get the airport flat and none of them seems to work as well as one would wish doesn't help...

I'll go with trying lower mesh resolution (but don't be too surprised when that makes some other stuff broken)

I am wondering if that secondary bouncing issue has been fixed in sp1? I have lowered my mesh resolution, The problem is I spent a fair bit of money covering the globe with hi res mesh.  Lowering res isn't exactly ideal but whatever get's the job done.

Anyway thanks Kyle, hopefully it will fix that issue, very minor but distracts from immersion. 

Rob Prest

Hi,

I had a similar problem with UK2000 Edinbourgh..... check if the AFCAD file actually is in the scenery folder.... mine never got copied into the scenery folder out of some reason..... copy one out of the option folders.... AFX...something if I remember correctly

regards

Did you solve your problem, Rob? I landed at UK2000 EGNX East Midlands Xtreme in the 777 yesterday, but the roll out was completely normal.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher, have booked my VA flight to EGNX but too busy in the real world to fly! Hopefully tomorrow I can test.

Cheers

Rob Prest

changing the mesh resolution seemed to fix the problem.  Thanks for the help everyone.

Rob Prest

changing the mesh resolution seemed to fix the problem.  Thanks for the help everyone.

Boom!  Glad that helped.

Now I can tell people I'm actually helpful from time to time...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

Boom!  Glad that helped.

Now I can tell people I'm actually helpful from time to time...haha.

Psst, How about that helpful YouTube video?

:ph34r: 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Psst, How about that helpful YouTube video?

:ph34r: 

I have to re-do it because of some issues I was having with how I set up ASN.  It'll be up soon enough.

Kyle Rodgers

I have to re-do it because of some issues I was having with how I set up ASN. It'll be up soon enough.

Kyle

What is the subject of this video?

Thank you