Sign in to follow this  
Bradner

REX 4 Opinions!

Hey guys, I already own REX Essential + and i would like to update to rex 4. What is your opinion for this product? Should i do this update? Is there something that i need to take care before? 

Thanks! 

Textures are arguably better, and the certainly load 100x faster. Do it. Now.

I have seen some demonstrative videos on youtube and it seems really astonishing! Thank you !!

I use REX4 in combination with Active Sky Next. For the best results, before each flight I load a custom texture set within REX4 based on the current weather at a specific airport (REX4 auto-generates this based on an airport code). Then the ASN engine accurately distributes the clouds.

Stunning.

Just so you know, the REX 4 engine will place the cloud textures to look grand and beautiful, however another weather engine, like OPUS or ASN, will place the clouds in a much more realistic manner. I much prefer the latter.

You may know this already.

But yeah, without a doubt, upgrading from REX+OD to REX4 is a no-brainer. So glad I did.

Good luck. 

Plain and simple, I have been using Rex for quite a while, by the way I use FSX, but to go to Rex 4 Direct is a "gamechanger."

I installed it! Its textures are tremendous. I hope to release rex4 weather engine soon! Then it will be a piece of art! 

Congrats!!!

Try the ASN demo for a week. It's fully functional. Make sure the number of layers is set to 6 or 7. Be amazed.

I'm in the same boat as the topic starter. I have P3D and do not have a weather program, however, I am convinced that Rex 4 and ASN is the way to go. Correct me if I am wrong but Rex 4 is textures only and ASN is the weather engine? Is this right?

Regards

Lamar Wright

We will be releasing REX 4 Weather Architect (Custom Weather Generator) as well as Weather Direct (Real Weather / Archive) weather. Weather Architect allows you to paint the weather you want on a map and share your theme with other community members (First of its kind). REX 4 Weather Direct will be our new enhanced weather engine developed specifically for FSX and P3D 2. Both integrate with REX 4 Texture Direct for the most realistic experience. Finally, we will be releasing our first real radar gauge Wx Advantage Radar that can be used with any weather platform in any aircraft. Wx Advantage Radar will incorporate our Cloud Point Technology that pin-points and matches the precipitation with cloud formations.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

We will be releasing REX 4 Weather Architect (Custom Weather Generator) as well as Weather Direct (Real Weather / Archive) weather.

Do you have a timeline on that? 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm in the same boat as the topic starter. I have P3D and do not have a weather program, however, I am convinced that Rex 4 and ASN is the way to go. Correct me if I am wrong but Rex 4 is textures only and ASN is the weather engine? Is this right?

Exactly right.

For now REX 4 Direct is not a weather engine. Unfortunately now i use the default weather engine of FSX which sucks. 

Anyway i prefer to wait for rex 4 weather engine. I hope to release that soon!

Weather Architect allows you to paint the weather you want on a map and share your theme with other community members (First of its kind).

This would make for some excellent competition amongst friends trying to perfect their flying skills. Look forward to it.

I would guess "when it's ready" is probably a good one to hold onto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk