Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Should I get ASN if I already have Opus?

When dynamic cameras is interfered into ASN I will think about switching. Tired of running all these external programs - better to have one to reduce the memory footprint.

Doesn't p3d 2.x have built in dynamic cameras/views with headbob?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

ASN is superior to Opus. I own both. Never looked back to Opus.

I highly recommend ASN. It is probably the most advanced weather engine currently available for FSX. I have never experienced any problems with it, and the memory footprint is negligible.

Regards.

Dear simmates,

has anyone already tested ASN coupled with REX Essencial + overdrive ?

Has ASN its own set of textures ?

Thanks a lot !

Raphael

Guest Mik75

Dear simmates,

Thanks a lot !

Raphael

I previously used Essentials and it looked great, but I personally prefer the look and the phenomenal loading times of REX 4. ASN doesn't being any textures, it's just a weather engine.

Yes, but if you have "bump aircraft" enabled in your DHM settings you should turn it off because it's driven by the Opus weather engine.

Note that the Opus developer is not standing still but also looking at doing similar features to ASN such as wx radar, however I'm finding myself wishing for features like historical weather, saving weather for a flight and integration with FSCaptain and flight planners that are difficult to do with Opus, so I expect I'll be trying out ASN.

Yes

I just installed ASN Trial. I am using ASN with OpusFSX Live Camera and I must say, awesome, a marriage made in heaven. If ASN adds Live camera, I will definitely switch.

Yes, if you want weather radar in the T7 right away when it's available. I was using opus and switched about two months ago. Opus is great, don't get me wrong. But I got sick of the cloud popping. Switched to ASN and haven't even thought about looking back. For the first time ever in flight simming, the weather is not something that detracts from the immersion. ASN doesn't make itself known in any way - the way the weather is supposed to be. It's not suppose to just "pop" or shift around instantly in front of your eyes just because you get a new update. ASN handles these updates and everything else without you even really noticing. Opus, well, when I last used it, not so much. Maybe they fixed that completely now but am happy with ASN and have no need for anything else.

I agree with Klamal. asn is fantastic I cant fault it. I used to have OPUS but now no loner use it.

14ppkc-6.png

Dear simmates,

Thanks a lot !

Raphael

Yes I'm using ASN with RexE+Ov, no problem at all! ASN does not have it's own textures, it uses whatever textures you have in FSX, may it be default, freeware or Rex textures.

ASN is giving me amazing weather representation, live or historical, I'm extremely happy with it :biggrin: