Sign in to follow this  
j14g

Who Should Get Prepar3d ?

Why have simmers been moving from FSX to Prepar3d ?  What are the pros and cons ?

I have been pretty satisfied with the performance of FSX.  So, is it for me ?  Is FSX that broke ?

Reading from the Forums it appears P3d still has several bugs which cause some to go back to what worked, ie, FSX.

I'd like to hear from convincing arguments for the switch .

Thanks

Jack

I have both installed on same PC but P3Dv2 is so much better with my hardware thanks to all the new goodies added.  I still fly both everyday but P3Dv2 looks more realistic.  There is a 60day Refund Guarantee on the download but you will love it in under 60 seconds after start-up :Peace:

FSX is not broken for me, far from it, but P3Dv2.2 simply looks so much better. HDR, Volumetric fog, and extensive shadow options raise the bar... but, its the cloud shadows that truly elevate it. No matter how good you get FSX to look with SweetFX or enb the terrain looks flat and in-dynamic by comparison.

The only way it to try for yourself, and as SpoonerFLIGHT says you have 60 days to decide.

On my PC P3D without tweaks runs clearly better than FSX with tweaks. And don't forget that P3D adds various graphical features that FSX doesn't even have (like cloud shadows, VC shadows. building shadows, HDR, etc.). So P3D looks a lot better and runs better at the same time.

Plus... P3D is actually being worked on as we speak! I big PLUS imho! Looking at how LM listens to the customers and how fast they released various updates (specially compared to MS/Aces with FSX..!) this is a HUGE PLUS!

P3D won't be for you -- at least not yet -- if you're planning on simming with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. They're not compatible.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

A picture can also say why everybody should :lol:

cEULH.jpg

my wedding photos didn't look this good :lol:   hope the wife doesn't see this :ph34r:

For me, it is pretty simple: I like the new IRIS Raptor Driver included with P3D, and it far exceeds in graphics candy what FSX with DX10 Fixer can do. So, instead of trying to purchase those two things, P3D gives me what they offer, for cheaper. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk