Sign in to follow this  
Jetblst

Eaglesoft Beechjet 400A 3D Night Cockpit issue... Any Ideas?

Hey Guys,

I have the Eaglesoft Beechjet 400 A and I get this...

2014-4-8_19-21-52-901_zps25b0606c.png

Now, I didn't notice that the aircraft is NOT DX10 Certified when I purchased it.  No big deal.  I can go back to DX9 for this if need be.  BEFORE I do that, I would like to see if anyone has any "Fixer" ideas on how to mitigate this problem.

Background...

1.  Only happens at NIGHT, DUSK, and DAWN. 

2.  At Dusk it is a slow fade TO this condition, and at Dawn it is a slow fade FROM this condition. 

3.  At Night, this condition goes to full opaque where you cannot use the 3D Cockpit.

3.  Day 3D is fine.

4.  Eaglesoft just certified that they do not have this problem on their systems.

Thanks!!

Respectfully,

Jet

What happens if you turn off DX-10 Preview in FSX?

Hi Robert,

Great Idea, and that is where I am headed.  I was hoping to see if there were some Fixer hints or adjustments that might handle this before I switched.  I have a feeling that when I go back to DX9 all will work proper.

Respectfully,

Jet

first uninstall the libraries to see what happens without the fixer,then reinstall and disable the general shader and the legacy shader, then enable the general shader, then disable that and enable the legacy shader. Based on all of that I can determine where to go next. I suspect its legacy but I cannot be sure.

Ok,

Done!

Here are the No Library 2D and the No Library 3D images.

NOLIB2D_zpsd59e4087.png

NOLIB3D_zps64775ddf.png

Here are the No General or Legacy Shaders 2D and the No General or Legacy Shaders 3D (Fresh Install of Libraries)

NOLEGNOGEN2D_zps2026cdc4.png

NOLEGNOGEN3D_zps57fffdb4.png

Here are the No General Shader 2D and the No General Shader 3D images (Legacy Enabled)

NOGEN2D_zps1be1d98e.png

NOGEN3D_zpsa6935e71.png

Here are the No Legacy Shader 2D and the No Legacy Shader 3D images (General Enabled)

NOLEG2D_zps1a50200e.png

NOLEG3D_zps4c76398e.png

Hmm.  Rather interesting.

Here is the 3D image in DX9.

2014-4-11_16-23-36-130_zpsdea0a7a4.png

Respectfully,

Jet

Ok so the problem is legacy. Enable both general and legacy, disable the two v2 options and try the slider full left and then full right

If it doesn't work using one of those settings then try the 8bit fix in general dialog as well.

Report back.

***WOW***  I cannot believe you were able to do this Steve!

Legacy Shader FULL LEFT...

2014-4-12_14-59-17-293_zpsbb01fca5.png

ALMOST THERE...  AND???

2014-4-12_15-8-4-164_zpsb59d6eb3.png

Legacy Shader now FULL RIGHT

Here is an ADVERTISED NON DX10 CERTIFIED by Eaglesoft.  Certified NOT to be DX10 compliant and here Steve's Fixer made it work!  Wow so glad I purchased your Scenery Fixer Steve. 

Respectfully,

Jet

Ok, it's not all good as you now need to avoid legacy airports e,g aerosoft and fly tampa with that aircraft.

Best to save those settings as a profile, you could experiment trying the middle position of the slider and enabling both v2 options

Ok.  But I don't own any of that.  Now.  I am not following you on the V2 options.  Sorry.  Looked all over? 

Respectfully,

Jet

BTW  Just finished a fairly good test flight.  I went VC over KATL with GEX and UTX (Medium Settings) and 20% Traffic.  I don't do cars as I am in Jets most of the time.  My FPS never dipped below a nice smooth 18 - 20 FPS.

I do not do payware airports.  When I upgrade I might.  So that is about as (high load) as I get.  So maybe I am not understanding legacy airports but that was not only ATL, but ATL that I have modified via ADE as the Stock KATL is missing runways etc.

What I am liking is the Hawker 400 is running a good 10% smoother now.

Ok Cool!!

Thanks again for your help Steve.

Respectfully,

Jet

Hi Steve,

I may have jumped the gun a little (but not much) the Hawker is stll working fine almost everywhere.  In fact the Hawker used to crash when switching from full VC to Windowed mode but not any more.

Ok.

Curiously I flew down to KMCO from KATL and thing slowed down to a crawl about 10 miles outside of MCO.  Not sure why, unless that is what you mean more about the legacy scenery?

IF so, then can you give me a little more to work with when you were talking about enabling the v2 options?

I did a little further testing as well, and the only way the Hawker works is FULL right on the Legacy Slider.  Thanks.

If I were to check the 8bit box, would I then run with the Legacy Shader full right, and see what results I get?  Thanks.

Respectfully,

Jet

None of this is about performance its just about visuals. If you don't have any payware scenery that appears grey at night without the fixer, then leaving the slider full right will be ok for you.

You don't need the 8 bit fix or the v2 options - these were just other avenues to explore to a)fix the (then unknown) problem and B) to try and juggle an aircraft that needs the slider full right and scenery that might need it in the middle.

Well, ok then.  I have ideas on what I can do with scenery from there.  What a cool product!  Thanks again.  :good:

Respectfully,

Jet