The leaked information is originally from a website in China and then it's been picked up by every video game/ computer hardware site around the world. I actually have a feeling that the specs are about right, but this isn't the flagship Maxwell card. It looks just a bit better than a GTX 780 TI.

The leaked information is originally from a website in China and then it's been picked up by every video game/ computer hardware site around the world. I actually have a feeling that the specs are about right, but this isn't the flagship Maxwell card. It looks just a bit better than a GTX 780 TI.

Honestly, I don't think they would cripple a 3.200-shader card with just 32 ROPs, and I'm pretty sure 7.4GHz for the memory is beyond the GDDR5 limits.

But you are right that this isn't the flagship Maxwell card though. The GM204 is going to be what the GK104 was (and the GM210 is going to be what the GK110 was).

nVidia's toughest decision is going to be how to name the various cards in the Maxwell line.up. Did they really need a 780 (high end), a 780 TI (higher end) ,Titan (highest end) and Titan Z (absolutely, positively highest end)? I hope that they think this through a little better with Maxwell.