Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Black skies now and again

I am having a problem with black skies now and again. Sometimes the sky turns black ahead of me, but then it returns to normal if I look in a slightly different direction. Sometimes it turns black if I change view direction, but it returns to normal if I look ahead again.

During a quick flight test that I have just done (nothing to do with trying to work out the cause of this problem), I noted something. I am using the UK2000 Belfast Aldergrove Xtreme airport with ORBx FTX Northern Ireland, and the "black sky problem" reared its ugly head again. However, I noticed that the sky seemed to turn black when I turned to look in the general direction of the airport. The sky turned black as I turned my head to look at the airport on the base leg, and then it turned black when looking straight ahead as I turned onto final. The sky remained black until just before touchdown, after which it returned to normal during rollout and taxi.

Does that give anyone a clue as to the cause of the problem? I never experienced this at all prior to reinstalling FSX, and it isn't limited to this airport/scenery combo....

I am also experiencing another strange problem at ES Isle of Man. One or two of the wig wags are working, but the others are dark (even though they all use the same effect). The developer appears to be stumped by this, so I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas? I am using DX9.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am still experiencing black skies at times. Does anyone have any ideas regarding solving the problem? I don't remember ever seeing this prior to reinstalling FSX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png