Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Has anyone purchased yet?

Great comments guys, thank you. Finding a real Q400 pilot and putting this stuff together wasn't easy so I'm delighted you've enjoyed what we've put out so far.

I take on board the comments about the speed of speech for non English speakers. We'll definitely look at how we do this for our upcoming Q400 F/O and Airbus Cadet products. This first part was a big learning process for us so we can refine things for the future. A lot of cool stuff is in the works and if there are things you want to see/know about/discover then please let us know

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

maybe a future update with subtitles? Or no hope for me?

If you use VLC media player, press "[" to slow the video down. That should make it a bit easier to understand for you.

Gregory there are a lot of titles and animations. Even if your English isn't great you should be able to follow along with the charts and flows. Hope you can hop on board with us.

Quality, quality, quality!

Fly on the wall watch and learn all delivered in an easy friendly style. A must in my books. The hi def is superb

I'm currently watching the last three remaining videos of the series and so far I can say that the experience has been brilliant! 

Couldn't agree more! :cool:

I downloaded all parts yesterday and as I had a busy weekend ahead thought to myself "I'll just watch the intro, and the rest next week" ...... anyway many many hours later and I am currently half way through Part 6!

Josh is an extremely professional, knowledgeable pilot.   I would expect that if his employers saw his work and natural training and explaining skills on display in these videos, he'd be in line for promotion.   Seriously, I have many aviation DVDs and some time-served training captains don't have as strong skills as Josh demonstrates in these videos.

And Ben is a superb cadet/trainee - enthusiastic, knowledgeable, but not afraid to show the odd mistake (that we all make!), especially where forgetting to turn off taxi lights are concerned!   :lol:

If I'm being uber picky and entirely subjective, I'm not 100% keen on the guy who does the introductions stuff - a very formal "voiceover" style voice (He sounds a little like the guy off TV who reads out the Lottery Numbers in the UK! :lol:).   But the training is very polished and professional, with brilliant visual cues alongside the high quality audio training.

10/10, and an absolutely MUST for Majestic Q400 fans.   :cool:

If you use VLC media player, press "[" to slow the video down. That should make it a bit easier to understand for you.

Excellent tip!

Gregory there are a lot of titles and animations. Even if your English isn't great you should be able to follow along with the charts and flows. Hope you can hop on board with us.

Hello,

Thanks for answering and thanks for the tip Mike2060

So finaly i bought your product and i must to say it's outstanding.

I can almost understand all what you say when you speak alone, your voice is clear and there is a lot of titles and animations which help me .
But when you speak with Josh Harrison, that's very very hard to understand.
You and him speak with a strong accent, faster, and often interrupt each other.

May be the next videos will be easier to understand ;-)
Thanks again and great job!

Very kind of you to say it's outstanding - high praise indeed, thank you! 

I had a phone conversation with Josh only this morning where we were talking about the Q400 First Officer course coming next and we are now acutely aware of talking slower and not interrupting (in fact, it's normally me interrupting) so thank you for the feedback. It'll make us better at what we do! 

Yes have to agree it is very outstanding on how its done, top marks from me, wasn't  going to purchase  it but now iam glad that I did, learning new things  that I didn't know before flying  the q400.

Hopefully  they can do more  aircraft  than I be certain to bring out my cc, now back  to watch and learning  the rest of  the videos going to have to watch them twice so don't miss out on anything :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Peter thanks for the comments - many people have said that our videos have given them a better understanding of a lot of things unrelated to the Q400, to do with navigation, charts, performance and all sorts of things. Glad we can chalk you up in the 'another satisfied customer' box! 

Just a question  do you intend to do  what Aoa does go in the systems(like what does what etc) in detail or  you just going  to do  the flying side of things?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter, we won't be doing the in-depth systems videos that AoA do, no. The reasoning behind this is simply because most people seem overwhelmingly in favour of the more hands on approach. However, we will be looking in the F/O course at how the systems tie in with the operation of the aircraft. So for example, we go on a flight across the Alps in mid-winter with heavy snow and the whole thing is geared around how the de-ice boots and prop heating deal with the problem and how, when and where to use it. All the systems stuff will be linked back in to the pilot's experience of operating the aircraft. Also some of the real in depth FCOM stuff is actually a bit hazy in the minds of everyday line pilots, but they'd never admit it :P    

I can only re-iterate the comments above, it's a fantastic bit of training.  The HD quality looks fantastic on my galaxy note 10.1" tablet, I like the interaction between Josh and Ben (gives it a human element!) and all the extra snippets of info are great too.  I think you've found a winning formula here, and whilst I'm unable to fly at the moment due to sciatica as I can't sit at my desk because of the pain, I'm able to enjoy watching these videos ready for when I can fly again.   

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

I've now finished all 10 parts of the videos and have to say it's amongst the most enjoyable flight sim video time I've experienced (in 15 years of simming).

More importantly, it has completely revolutionized how I feel about, and respect the Majestic Q400 product.  The fact that every little nuance (for example, the idiosyncrasies of how setting the Doors and Electrical pages on the SYS screens works) is reflected so well in the sim, is pretty staggering.

My enthusiasm for the Q400 has been hugely revitalized due to everything I learned from this training, and now that I'm operating it more closely to real world methods ......   it's all I'll be flying for a long time I think now.

The guys do talk fast  - it's no issue for me because I'm a British Northerner, and Ben's a scouse and I think I detect a Leicester / Derby / Nottingham (East Midlands) accent on Josh, so no trouble for me to understand them lol! ...... but I can imagine it being a little more difficult for non-primary English speakers.  It sounds like the guys are planning to slow the talk down a little in the F/O course though, so all good. :smile:

What really comes across and really makes this product though is the passion and enthusiasm from both gents.   :cool: