Sign in to follow this  
Silver0066

Megascenery Earth S. CA and Aerosoft LA

I have purchased both of these products yesterday.  I really like them, except the some of the airports appears like they are up on a 50 foot mound.

I have the Aerosoft LA on top in my scenery list, and Megascenery 2nd.  If I remove Aerosoft LA, then the airports are not on a mound.  Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

Many thanks,

Lower texture resolution until the airport is no longer on a mound.  May have to mess around with the mesh resolution slider too.  Check the Aerosoft manual and they should have recommendations for this slider.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is it MSE 2.0 Southern California that you have? If so, the MSE 2.0 series does not contain any mesh data, so it sounds like the Aerosoft LA title is changing something there? Try what Firehawk suggested and see if you notice any difference. Do you have any other third party terrain mesh addon?

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

have purchased both of these products yesterday. I really like them, except the some of the airports appears like they are up on a 50 foot mound.

There's a patch from Aerosoft.  This thread has a post with instructions on how to get it...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72592-where-can-i-get-the-patch-for-us-cities-x-los-angeles/

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There's a patch from Aerosoft. This thread has a post with instructions on how to get it...

Unfortunately, that patch was to fix a problem at KPSP between Aerosoft's LA and Megascenery X SoCal, a different product.  Worth a try, but it probably won't help you here.

Scott

So...did it work?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I fiddled with the mesh and textures to smooth it out, but it did not completely eliminate the difference in the heighth of the airport, but it sure eliminated the steep sides.  Not perfect, but what is these days?

I have not tried the Megascenery X So. Calif. patch.

I apologize for not reporting back sooner.  Very busy lately.

Many thanks for you help.

I remember those steep sides at KONT...kinda weird. I suspected it would work because the problem was with the mesh in Aerosoft's product.  I had some minor issues after I installed it as well (though, as Scott mentioned, I had Megascenery X SoCal). I probably made a copy of my fsx.cfg and let FSX create a new one and then reintegrated my changes.  That was a recommendation by Aerosoft.  Anyway, the problems were fixed.

Gregg Seipp