Sign in to follow this  
PiercedB

Part 3 - Sound issue *fixed*

Hi. Just want to start by saying I really enjoy the videos.

However, I've noticed there is a sound issue on part 3.

During the info bulletin at the start, as the narration has reached about half way through the text, the narration starts over again on top of the original. The voices on top of eachothers is just present during this part. When the video gets going, all sound is about 30 seconds delayed wich causes issues, especially when systems/switches are being described, since the video has moved on for half a minute.

Just wanting to let you know.

I'm currently on part 5 and everything so far appart from part 3 seems spot on.

Keep up the good work :)

Regards

-Rune

Hi Benjamin

One other thing with Part 3 is that the audio seems dreadfully out of sync with the video.

At the start it's about 5 seconds out and gets worse towards the end.

Other than that it's a great series, thanks.

Blackrat

Guys, we've discovered it's a frame rate issue. The audio has rendered at a different frame rate to the footage so those extra couple of frames every second all add up so by the end it's crazily out of sync. New version of Part 3 has just finished rendering (11 hrs - nothing is fast in video production :rolleyes: )  and is going up to Vimeo shortly. It's a big file - 8GB, so it'll be tomorrow before it's uploaded and encoded. Apologies. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Guys, we've discovered it's a frame rate issue. The audio has rendered at a different frame rate to the footage so those extra couple of frames every second all add up so by the end it's crazily out of sync. New version of Part 2 has just finished rendering (11 hrs - nothing is fast in video production :rolleyes: )  and is going up to Vimeo shortly. It's a big file - 8GB, so it'll be tomorrow before it's uploaded and encoded. Apologies. 

I was just coming on to say this but about video 3. The video near the end of part 3 is about 16 seconds off.

If anyone is using VLC in the meantime you can press "J" and "K" to adjust the video/audio sync.

This isn't worthy of opening a new thread but I thought you might want to know. I noticed a small mistake at 20:59 part 4. Should be 4000 and not 2000.

Ok we'll check it out. There are literally hundreds of animations so we knew a few would slip through. Thanks for letting us know!

No problem. Also at 36:42, 45:48 and 51:59 Part 4, the words "Base Training Report" needs to be moved over to the left a bit as it is coming off the page.

Mike on the next one you can be the proof viewer ;)

I don't know, my hourly rate is pretty high :P .