Sign in to follow this  
EmiratesTriple7

PMDG 777 Cannot Climb Hight FL220 Without Stall

Someone please help. I have tried a re install of PMDG 777-200LR, but I cannot climb above FL220 without getting stick shaker and low airspeed warnings, which do not terminate sad.png . The acft will never exceed 230 KIAS.  This problem is limiting me to destinations up to 7 to 8 hrs form T/O. This is happening on all liveries and all ULH flights such as KLAX, YSSY (this one is UAE414 to YSSY). On one point I was doing +500FPM at 10,000FT and it would stall / stick shaker unless I descended into the sea. :excl: 

The print screens are too big for here but it is on photobucket: 

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Speer/media/Untitled2_zps731d632c.png.html

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Speer/media/Untitled_zps18cf858a.png.html

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Speer/media/Untitled2_zpse9231809.png.html

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Speer/media/Untitled5_zps3b7a8b56.png.html

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/Alex_Speer/media/Untitled4_zpsbb4a633c.png.html

Thanks for your help.

Alex Speer   :mellow:

In your very 1st pic you have "VNAV" switched off. This needs to be turned on especially during a climb.

ZORAN

In your very 1st pic you have "VNAV" switched off. This needs to be turned on especially during a climb.

It was on until the Triple 7 went ape on me. I always use L&VNAV. In that pic I was trying to do some tests to get it working.

1. Did you reduce fuel?

2. Did you reduce payload?

3. What weather engine are you using?

There is a tutorial flight that comes with the plane.  I personally have not done it, but would suggest you take it up.

I might do it tomorrow or something so I can learn more!

1. Did you reduce fuel?

2. Did you reduce payload?

3. What weather engine are you using?

There is a tutorial flight that comes with the plane.  I personally have not done it, but would suggest you take it up.

I might do it tomorrow or something so I can learn more!

1 & 2 - All weights are under the 77L's MTOW

3 - For the first few - Squawk Box and then default FSX clear skies. 

The last one is FSRealWX Lite

I know how to fly the PMDG 777, I have many hours on it. The FMC was programmed correctly for the 14 hour hop to Sydney.

Can you post a screenshot of the overhead panel? If you configure the 777 correctly, you shouldn't get any warning on EICAS.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot climb above FL220 without getting stick shaker and low airspeed warnings, which do not terminate sad.png . The acft will never exceed 230 KIAS.

Hi, Alex,

I believe there is an issue with FSUIPC, especially older versions, where the flaps appear to be retracted but really are not.  Try backing up FSUIPC.ini and allowing it to rebuild, or just uninstalling FSUIPC.  It might also be fixable by installing the latest version if you don't already have it.  There is also a weather issue with FSUIPC.

Take a look at these two threads:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436455-unable-to-gain-speed-or-altitude-after-takeoff/?hl=%2Bfsuipc#entry2941085

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431155-unable-to-climb-nose-down-att/?hl=fsuipc#entry2899013

This can also happen if a weather engine is giving a high TAT, but in one of your pictures it is -4o, so that is probably not your issue.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

It was on until the Triple 7 went ape on me. I always use L&VNAV. In that pic I was trying to do some tests to get it working.

Hi Alex, you dont have to be in LNAV.VNAV, not sure why someone suggested that.  Check your FS settings, you may have switched it from indicated to true airspeed by accident.

Edit - Actually Mike makes a good point. That fsuipc issue has been reported here before.  Will do a search to find that post.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423246-really-struggling-with-the-t7/page-2?hl=%2Bfsuipc+%2Bflaps#entry2846918

@Mike - normally whenever this issue with fsuipc comes up, the users aircraft is flying nose down as it struggles to climb.  The OP doesn't seem to have that problem :/

Regards

Rob Prest

This isn't true at all.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi,

Now I can see the pictures, the OAT is VERY high. I suspect you have "Weather Rate Of Change" set to anything except NONE (FSX config/Weather tab).

If you look at the EGT they are red boxed, meaning exceedance. The high OAT is killing engine power output, which is why it won't fly, basically.

EDIT: There it is. Look at the TEMP in the bottom right of the engine display. At 10000 ft it reads +28 °C.

Best regards,

Robin.

Squawk Box and then default FSX clear skies

Don't know if  this is related  to Sqawk Box at all, since I believe  that if you use fsiin weather  and have it  checked  cause  issues as well, wonder if  sqawk has  the same issues  as fsiin?  This could be unrelated  to your issues  but just a guess

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

Now I can see the pictures, the OAT is VERY high. I suspect you have "Weather Rate Of Change" set to anything except NONE (FSX config/Weather tab).

If you look at the EGT they are red boxed, meaning exceedance. The high OAT is killing engine power output, which is why it won't fly, basically.

EDIT: There it is. Look at the TEMP in the bottom right of the engine display. At 10000 ft it reads +28 °C.

Best regards,

Robin.

That is the fuel temp... He just departed out of Dubai, that temp reading is perfectly normal. So is his TAT at that altitude.    I just got back from the supermarket out here in Bahrain. It is 34c in april, perfectly normal, by summer it will hit 50c+

Rob Prest

Improper weather combined with poor airmanship. Engine indications are redlining, fuel config messages, flying and climbing in buffet speeds and high OAT. Thatswhy you are having those problems.

As suggested try to upgrade your FSUPIC and if possible, weather engine.

Can you post a screenshot of the overhead panel? If you configure the 777 correctly, you shouldn't get any warning on EICAS.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot's of replying to do so lets start! :D (Thanks for your help guys!) 

I will give you a screen shot of the OHP later. The only problem what that I did a fuel "dump" (just changed the fuel on the FMC) to see if I'd get the A/C to clmb when light, but because I was dealing with a stall, I couldn't look up and turn the C fuel pump switches to OFF.