Sign in to follow this  
EmiratesTriple7

PMDG 777 Cannot Climb Hight FL220 Without Stall

Improper weather combined with poor airmanship. Engine indications are redlining, fuel config messages, flying and climbing in buffet speeds and high OAT. Thatswhy you are having those problems.

As suggested try to upgrade your FSUPIC and if possible, weather engine.

Reread the posts above...

OP - what does your setting say in the realism section?  True or indicated.  Also read the link regarding fsuipc and flap settings

Rob Prest

Hi, Alex,

I believe there is an issue with FSUIPC, especially older versions, where the flaps appear to be retracted but really are not.  Try backing up FSUIPC.ini and allowing it to rebuild, or just uninstalling FSUIPC.  It might also be fixable by installing the latest version if you don't already have it.  There is also a weather issue with FSUIPC.

Take a look at these two threads:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436455-unable-to-gain-speed-or-altitude-after-takeoff/?hl=%2Bfsuipc#entry2941085

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431155-unable-to-climb-nose-down-att/?hl=fsuipc#entry2899013

This can also happen if a weather engine is giving a high TAT, but in one of your pictures it is -4o, so that is probably not your issue.

Hope this helps!

Mike

I will try the FSUIPC.ini delete method in a few hours when I land my A380 in YSSY. I will pop the results here then :)

Check your FS settings, you may have switched it from indicated to true airspeed by accident.

Nope. Still in "indicated air speed". After I had the problem, I just changed to an A380 and it flew fine to YSSY, so I'm thinking it is the ACFT itself rather than the weather.

Improper weather combined with poor airmanship. Engine indications are redlining, fuel config messages, flying and climbing in buffet speeds and high OAT. Thatswhy you are having those problems.

As suggested try to upgrade your FSUPIC and if possible, weather engine.

FSUPIC is at latest version.

I'm not sure how to stop engine redlining. If I pull the engines from the TOGA detent, the aircraft WILL stall into the sea,

As said above, the fuel config was when I did a fuel "dump" (just changed the fuel on the FMC) to see if I'd get the A/C to clmb when light, but because I was dealing with a stall, I couldn't look up and turn the C fuel pump switches to OFF.

Don't know if  this is related  to Sqawk Box at all, since I believe  that if you use fsiin weather  and have it  checked  cause  issues as well, wonder if  sqawk has  the same issues  as fsiin?  This could be unrelated  to your issues  but just a guess

The people on the Vatsim Facebook page couldn't help, but the told me to disable SB weather and use FSrealWX lite

OP - what does your setting say in the realism section?  True or indicated.  Also read the link regarding fsuipc and flap settings

Indicated airspeed. I'm sure it can't be the flaps, because I changed it to an A380 without closing FSX, and it is flying fine (still flying atm to YSSY)

The flap issue is related to PMDG.  Please read the links that we have provided..

Rob Prest

If you look at the EGT they are red boxed, meaning exceedance.

If I did pull back on the throttles, even just a bit, my aircraft would loose the last bit of airspeed & lift it had and tumble into the sea just off the end of RWY 12  :(

The flap issue is related to PMDG.  Please read the links that we have provided..

Ok, thank you, I will have a flick through them now :-)

Get rid of the weather programs and try it with clear weather. Does it fly now?

Best regards,

Robin.

Get rid of the weather programs and try it with clear weather. Does it fly now?

Best regards,

Robin.

He said he tried that (post 5)

Rob Prest

Thank you for the links Mike777, after I land my A380, I will delete the FSUIPC4.ini and let it build a new one. Hopefully my "flaps will retract". Come to think of it, on one of my "mid air near stalls" the EICAS and FLT CTRL page showed flaps up, gear up and spoilers retracted, but the PFD showed the green "UP" as a reference (just like on T/O during retraction).