Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Mike button often not working?

I have a recurring issue with MCE. Although I configure a mike button on my yoke, and it recognised it in the setup it doesn't seem to recognise it when pressed to communicate with RC4. RC4 is also Activated in the setup too.

I load and start RC4 before starting MCE, which I think is correct, but it still doesn't work. If I 'reset factory default' on MCE, then the first time I use MCE it might work, but then the next time I go to fly after loading everything up, which takes some time, I am frustrated to find it has stopped working again.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to avoid this continuing issue as its very frustrating?

Also another issue, is that I created a voice script 'cabin crew prepare for gate arrival' to play some specific wavs but when voicing that command I think I am getting a different responds from the purser than that scripted. Is the above statement one of the default recognised by MCE, and hence its not playing mine?

I am using FSX, RC4, Open Clouds, 3D Real cockpit effects, Enbseries

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I have a recurring issue with MCE. Although I configure a mike button on my yoke, and it recognised it in the setup it doesn't seem to recognise it when pressed to communicate with RC4. RC4 is also Activated in the setup too.

I load and start RC4 before starting MCE, which I think is correct, but it still doesn't work. If I 'reset factory default' on MCE, then the first time I use MCE it might work, but then the next time I go to fly after loading everything up, which takes some time, I am frustrated to find it has stopped working again.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to avoid this continuing issue as its very frustrating?

Also another issue, is that I created a voice script 'cabin crew prepare for gate arrival' to play some specific wavs but when voicing that command I think I am getting a different responds from the purser than that scripted. Is the above statement one of the default recognised by MCE, and hence its not playing mine?

Stuart

Affirmative, built-in voice commands always take precedence ovet the scripted ones.

simply edit your custom command to make it slightly different.

As for the PTT button, not sure what's going on. For one thing, you shouldn't restore to factory settings because the assigned button would then be lost.

If using a USB joystick, make sure it is plugged-in before you start either MCE or FSX. Otherwise, when MCE starts and it doesn't find it, it won't monitor its button when you try to use it later.

If it's a wireless type of joystick, be aware these have built-in features to minimize battery usage, ad they could go to sleep after some amount of time has elapsed. They may not respond immediately after they are left untouched for a while.

I thought as much re voice scripts, I,all make some changes to the command.

Re. PTT button. My joystick is quite old and is connected through a game type socket with CH rudder peddles, which is connected through a converter to USB on the Pc as I no longer have game ports. The yoke and peddles work fine and as I mentioned MCE recognises the button when setting up, but then doesn't give the buzz sound or comms with RC4, even though RC4 is recognised by MCE as activated.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I thought as much re voice scripts, I,all make some changes to the command.

Re. PTT button. My joystick is quite old and is connected through a game type socket with CH rudder peddles, which is connected through a converter to USB on the Pc as I no longer have game ports. The yoke and peddles work fine and as I mentioned MCE recognises the button when setting up, but then doesn't give the buzz sound or comms with RC4, even though RC4 is recognised by MCE as activated.

Stuart

Could be unreliable converter (Game port to USB) or software driver missing something.

Try setting a button on any other joystick and see if you're having the same issue.

I don't have another joystick to try, and besides I don't see how it could be the interface since the buttons colaborate fine and are recognised both by the sim and MCE itself when configuring.

Are there any settings that I could manually set in the .INI file that would ensure the setup is correct?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Bumping this topic up again, as during a flight today the same problem occurred. MCE works fine initially, and the mike button / sound works OK with RC4. However after takeoff RC4 does not seem to respond to voice anymore, and I don't think I can hear the mike beep sound either. Tried pressing the Del key too but still no joy.

I have been through voice training several times, so don't believe this to be the problem.

I would really like to get MCE working with RC4 consistently, but am at a loss as to what could be wrong.

Is there any way to increase the volume of the mike beep sound, or replace it with something else, as when engines are running and other wind sounds are active, e.g. Accufeel effects, I don't hear the mike sound and therefore am not sure if it is active or not.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Is there any way to increase the volume of the mike beep sound, or replace it with something else, as when engines are running and other wind sounds are active, e.g. Accufeel effects, I don't hear the mike sound and therefore am not sure if it is active or not.

Affirm. Right-click anywhere on MCE user interface and a drop down menu will appear.

Select "Use radio static noise->high" instead of "low".

As for joystick button, since it works sometimes, it points to a reliability issue. Maybe a shaky button that triggers the odd button up event when you think you are firmly holding it down. At the very least, try other buttons.

The PTT action is critical. When you hold button down, all commands for interaction with FO get suspended and those for ATC interaction are enabled. The slightest accidental button release would effectively disable all ATC commands and nothing will be recognised.

I also assume you didn't set something in FSUIPC to emulate DEL key up and down or END key up and down, as these could interfere.

Thanks for the advice.

I was not aware of the "right click" option. I did not see that in any of the documentation. I'll try that out.

As for the button not working, you may have hit on something, as the button may be configured differently in FSX itself. I'll check that out too.

Keep you posted. May not be able to test again until Wednesday earliest though.

Cheers and thanks again,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Sorry, last post was a fib!

I was aware of the right click drop down menu, but forgot that option existed so hadn't tried it.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373