Sign in to follow this  
james_d

Budget PC for FSX (Building in the UK)

I've been away from flight sim for too long (probably 2008) because of uni and a lack of funds and time. Wanting to get back into it but requires me building a new PC. I used to build PCs a long time ago but for the past few years I have only used a MacBook Pro.

Looking to build a PC I can use for FSX and as a HTPC in my lounge. Really no idea where to even start (websites for components or what parts I should use) so happy to listen to any advice. I wouldn't really want to spend more than £500 on hardware (let me know if this is feasible) and then save a bit of cash to buy some scenery and a few planes (been missing the PMDG 737!). Hoping to hook it up to a 32" Samsung LCD TV. Lack of space in my flat means I'm not sure if I have any space for additional monitors.

Thanks for taking time to ready my thread and look forward to hearing any suggestions.

If you head to this link

http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/index.aspx

you'll have a unit that you build yourself, add your own graphics card, OS, and you'll have a machine to enable you to play FSX. And it's a 4th generation Intel CPU that is highly rated too.