Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

How to setup SID and STAR in VoxATC 6.34 for Prepar3d v2

If you save a flight in Prepar3D v2.2, the flight is in xml format with a .fxml extension to the saved flight.

VoxATC 6.34 still requires a .FLT file (akin to FSX, I presume) to add SIDs and STARs using the setup facility and does not appear to recognize .fxml files from Prepar3D v2.2.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there laborious editing to do to  get the flight file into .FLT format?

How then, do we add SIDs and STARs to VoxATC 6.34 in Prepar3d v2.2?

Please share your experience and point me in the right direction, if possible.

If you're already running VOX in FSX, copy the Level-D file from FSX to P3D. The nav data is what VOX uses for Sids\Stars. Run the advanced settings program and point it to the Level-D nav data. That should get you set up.

NAX669.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the SIDs and STARs should be loaded in the flight planner within the simulator and then, provided that you have pointed VoxATC to the LevelD navdata, these additional waypoints will be recognized and VoxATC will acknowledge the departure and arrival procedures? In other words, is it necessary to use the SID/STAR setup tool in VoxATC for this purpose, particularly since Version 6.34 no longer requires a saved flight and simply takes the loaded flight plan within the simulator itself? My feeling is probably not, since the SID/STAR procedures can be loaded in the flight planner independently of any other tools within VoxATC..

Your thoughts will be welcome to confirm or not my understanding of the use of VoxATC for this purpose.

Vox gets its' nav data from the Level-D nav data file. Even if you don't own the Level-D 767 you have to set that file up in your sim. You then have to use the advance settings program in Vox to point it to this nav data. If you don't, you'll never be given Sids or Stars to fly. I have never used the Sids/Stars setup program in Vox. I just create a flight plan with PFPX or FSBuild or SimBrief. I've never used the internal flight planner in either P3D or FSX so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

NAX669.png

At the risk of sounding ignorant, but I am under the impression that VoxATC can only work if you have loaded a flight plan into the simulator software which matches e.g. the route entered in the MCDU. If this is not necessarily the case, then I need to be educated about how you yourself use VoxATC, if you would care to explain a little further, please.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the SIDs and STARs should be loaded in the flight planner within the simulator and then, provided that you have pointed VoxATC to the LevelD navdata, these additional waypoints will be recognized and VoxATC will acknowledge the departure and arrival procedures? In other words, is it necessary to use the SID/STAR setup tool in VoxATC for this purpose, particularly since Version 6.34 no longer requires a saved flight and simply takes the loaded flight plan within the simulator itself? My feeling is probably not, since the SID/STAR procedures can be loaded in the flight planner independently of any other tools within VoxATC..

Your thoughts will be welcome to confirm or not my understanding of the use of VoxATC for this purpose.

Yes, you don t use the SID-STAR vox app unless you don t have the NAV Data. If you have the Level D navdata installed, VOX will detect it and assign your SID to the flightplan you ve loaded into the sim.

Thanks for your advice. All seems logical now that I have specified the navdata folder from Level-D and Vox is now identifying the SID correctly from the loaded flight plan. Thank you all for your comments and advice.

I am having trouble with 6.34. No matter what I do, VOXATC assigns me the same SID and Star on every flight, regardless of what I do to try and change it with the SID star app, or with a flight plan. VERY FRUSTRATING. Any help?

Dan

Dan,

Do you want to tell us what your flight plan is ... like post a copy of it here.

And, which SID/STAR gets assigned to that plan?

Are you using Navigraph Navdata .. and LevelD navdata?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW