Sign in to follow this  
bönan

TNCM RW28 landings? (video)

Hi guys!

I flew the Milviz 737 from Havana to St Maarten today, and as I approached TNCM ATC directed me to RW28. I got this uncommon landing on tape and uploaded it to youtube, but I'm a bit curious whether RW28 landings are possible in real life? It felt like a "mini Kai-Tak". I don't see any problems with doing this in smaller aircraft, but it was a bit tight for the 737. Not my best landing...

And try to ignore that Cessna landing in the other direction, typical FSX AI behaviour...

At the end of the clip I think I see traffic inbound for runway 10 doing a go around, are you sure 28 was the active? Smooth landing though. 

At the end of the clip I think I see traffic inbound for runway 10 doing a go around, are you sure 28 was the active? Smooth landing though. 

That's what ProATC told me, but FSX's default ATC seems to have been thinking differently...

I have vacationed on St. Martin for years. I have never seen a transport categoryaircraft land on 28.

Although I have seen GA aircraft land that direction.

supporter.jpg

Approaches or even circling to 28 is not allowed for jets for obvious reasons. 

Its also very very rare to get the wind from that direction anyhow, so its hardly ever a problem.

The biggest plane i've seen land on 28 in Winair with their Twin Otters, also small GA aircraft or light prop planes but never anything bigger than a Twin Otter. 

Thanks for the answers, guys. Still an interesting, if unrealistic, thing to do in FSX!