Sign in to follow this  
rene_1st

ASN cannot control ambient weather

Greetings,

just installed P3D v 2.2 hours ago, downloaded the latest Active Sky Next and ran the setup.
Specifically this one: Full Version / Trial version B5210, size 116MB directly from the HiFi website.

Windows 7 is on C-drive.

FSx is installed on its own D-drive.

P3D is installed on its own E-drive.

ASN works perfectly with FSX.

However ASN comes up with the following error when I load up P3D:

ASN cannot control ambient weather parameters correctly, thus it cannot function properly at this point and will shut down. Please make sure you have proper rights/ownership of the program files (x86) folder and have trusted/excluded ASN from your securiy software, as well as the simulators as_srv folder and included .dll modules.

Could someone tell me how to resolve this please?

Thank you and best regards,

Rene

Sorry, I think I downloaded the wrong version :)

Hello all,

I've the same problem and no way to solve it... I tried to download 2 times the latest version. Same result. Any idea ? 

Thank you.

It might be a little late, but this was happening to me, randomly recently. I tried reinstalling, with the update and it kept doing the same thing. Then I reinstalled without the update, and it works fine. It just asks me to update each time I start ASN up, but I ignore it. I'll wait for a new update to be released. 

I also have this problem... ASN was working fine. Installed SP1 and I have this error... I have been working with there tech support dept.

but still no joy...

Firstly make sure you have the latest fsuipc. i.e version 4.937

This did not fix my issue and it is still ongoing with tech support. will update if I get a solution.

same here in Fsx everything ok in P3Dv2.4 cannot control ambient weather etc..

have tried to take ownership of everything no luck

I have FSX/ASN running in networked mode with no issues.  With P3D/ASN on the same two machines, I got the CTD with ambient weather error.  I discovered that the DLL.XML file in the appdata P3D folder did not have an entry for ASCONNECT.

The same file in the FSX appdata directory had an entry for ASCONNECT.  Once I copied that entry into the DLL.XML file in appdata P3D folder, everything worked like a charm.  I, too had permissions set everywhere, no antivirus or firewalls running and I'm the only user on both machines and was puzzled as to what the problem was.  I then started thinking about why FSX would work and P3D would not.  The answer was the DLL.XML file.  What I don't know is why the DLL.XML file did not update when I ran the ASConnect installer.

Jeff Callender

I have exactly the same problem, but the fix mentioned above has not worked for me, very frustrating trying to get this ASN to work. It was never a problem in FSX but it just won't run in P3D. 

I have FSX/ASN running in networked mode with no issues. With P3D/ASN on the same two machines, I got the CTD with ambient weather error. I discovered that the DLL.XML file in the appdata P3D folder did not have an entry for ASCONNECT.

The same file in the FSX appdata directory had an entry for ASCONNECT. Once I copied that entry into the DLL.XML file in appdata P3D folder, everything worked like a charm. I, too had permissions set everywhere, no antivirus or firewalls running and I'm the only user on both machines and was puzzled as to what the problem was. I then started thinking about why FSX would work and P3D would not. The answer was the DLL.XML file. What I don't know is why the DLL.XML file did not update when I ran the ASConnect installer.

Hi,

Have the same problem... Do you mind sharing the entry you made in the.dll file?

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

If you're running P3D2.5 with the hotfix, the problem comes from ASN not being able to work with the hotfix. In another post adjusting the DLL.xml is already discussed and it's not working. Hifi is working on a fix and will post it on their website as soon as it's ready.

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi,

Have the same problem... Do you mind sharing the entry you made in the.dll file?

Thanks

Anthony

What version of P3D are you running? If it's with the latest hotfix (v. 2.5.12943.0), then it's not working as of yet.. 

I just came across the same problem, with just P3D 2.5 (v. 2.5.12942.0) and ActiveSky Next SP2 Open Beta... turns out, that I needed to install the 'legacy' SimConnect from the SDK folder in P3D install-dir... 

<Prepar3D-INSTALL-DIR>\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
<Prepar3D-INSTALL-DIR>\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
<Prepar3D-INSTALL-DIR>\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1-RUS\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi (<-- don't know if you need that one, though?!)
<Prepar3D-INSTALL-DIR>\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

After that - it worked fine... 
Hope that helped (someone) ;)

Regards

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have had this problem in FSX. Uninstalling ASN, reinstalling it, and updating FSUIPC solved the problem for me.

Peter

I am running p3d v 2.5 without the hot fix and ASN SP2 on Windows 7 -64

I have given all the permissions to folders and subfolders. I have also run the SP1 and SP2 simconnect (not the RTM though) in the lib folder in p3d.

Still doesn't work unfortunately

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

The latest Beta SP2 works fine in P3D 2.5 without the hotfix, if you install the LM hotfix it's back to waiting for HIFI to issue a fix.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

The latest Beta SP2 works fine in P3D 2.5 without the hotfix, if you install the LM hotfix it's back to waiting for HIFI to issue a fix.

You have ASN? I'm very surprised.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator